PDA

View Full Version : 06 fatalerror rebute machine

wooden nickel
10-19-2010, 03:22 PM
I do not know what this means. I was carving along for 2.5 hrs. stopped to blow some dust, the head stayed down i got that message.

Thanks for any help

Wooden nickel

Digitalwoodshop
10-19-2010, 05:43 PM
The head staying down... That is significant.... How did you stop the machine?

I am expecting that you just opened the cover, that normally is OK.. But what if you had a bad or STUCK engaged left side cover switch. In that case the cut motor is turned off by the right switch but the computer never got the message to stop the machine via the left switch.

If you pushed the STOP switch then things are different.....

Blowing the dust around is OK unless you used a cheap Vacuum Cleaner with a hard plastic hose that can build up a very high static charge. The more expensive ones have graphite and rubber in them to dissipate the static to ground.

So at this time I would use Options and Sensor Data to look at the Left Cover Switch... I am betting it is STUCK in the ENGAGED position.... You did not mention shorting the left switch..... That is a very BAD thing in my opinion....

Let us know what you get.... When you turn the power machine back on, does the head retract into the up and home position....? That is a GOOD Thing...

AL