PDA

View Full Version : Bug

cestout
10-18-2010, 11:54 AM
The no scaling when carving centerline in a carved region stops the software from compensating for a sled. When using this feature, I am not asked the board thickness and it cuts thru my sled.
Clint

mtylerfl
10-18-2010, 08:40 PM
The no scaling when carving centerline in a carved region stops the software from compensating for a sled. When using this feature, I am not asked the board thickness and it cuts thru my sled.
Clint

Hello Clint,

Can you post an example MPC that shows this behavior? It will be useful to check out all the settings/layout, etc. Also, please accompany that with a complete description of the sled you are using (photos of the sled and dimensions, if possible). Trying to get all the pertinent info together to be able to help you.

cestout
10-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Michael,
The problem must have to do with the width of the project - 14". I two a 6"x3" projects, identical except the Conform box is checked in one and unchecked in the other. For both I was asked about the thickness. However this sled has a 1/4" thick base and the large sled has a 1/8" base. I am attaching the files you requested. the actual piece is 12 1/2" wide and 24" long. The base is 32" by (unfortunately) just under 14" wide. Missed by 0.07. I adjusted the project width to 13 7/8" to compensate. The open area in the center will hold a mirror, so is carved out in the rear and cut ok. The two end openings cut thru as you can see from the sled. A possible fix would be to place a zero depth carved out area behind the two end openings. The final cut out, around the perimeter, is done with a table saw and miter saw.
Thanks
Clint

cestout
10-29-2010, 03:22 PM
This is still a problem. From my experience, with a 14 1/4" wide sled, a thickness measurment is not even attempted, The sysstem just asks you to enter the thickness. With narrower sleds you are asked to choose between two thicknesses, the total thickness or 0.75. With this 14" wide sled, the system does the thickness measurment, but does not offer the choices of total or 0.70, but instead assumes total thickness. I have 11 grandkids I have to make Christmas gifts for. For the three girls the only cut out has a carved area behind it so this will not be a problem, but for the five boys it will be a problem. That is the project that I posted earlier.

Another thing that happens sometimes (?) with a sled, if I chose 0.75, I am told that it is to thick to cut thru but press Enter to continue. When that happens the cut is a paper thickness from going thru.
Clint

cestout
11-14-2010, 04:33 PM
I don't know if anyone is paying attention to this, but LHR support acknowledges that this is a problem and they are working on it for a later program revision. I tried several work, but non helped. So I glued strips of 1/8 " MDF, left over from the sled base, to both sides of the sled, making it almost 14 1/4" wide and everything now works as it should. I am asked the thickness and key in .75.

Digitalwoodshop
11-14-2010, 05:40 PM
That is a really GREAT tip.....

I am thinking of making a 14.5 inch Vacuum Carrier Board Sled.... With a replaceable hardboard spoil board. Each project will have a spoil board made with holes drilled into the replaceable board using a outline.

Thanks,

AL