PDA

View Full Version : Err E06-0313

lhanner
10-14-2010, 04:52 PM
I just got this damm thing going again, after being down for a month. I put new controler, new display. It got about 1/2 way through the carve board is cedar 3/4 x 5 x 10 carving a vertical surface, and I received this error. "Err E06-0313" I have searched on the forum and did not get any hits. Anyone know what this error is.

Thanks.

AskBud
10-14-2010, 05:37 PM
I just got this damm thing going again, after being down for a month. I put new controler, new display. It got about 1/2 way through the carve board is cedar 3/4 x 5 x 10 carving a vertical surface, and I received this error. "Err E06-0313" I have searched on the forum and did not get any hits. Anyone know what this error is.

Thanks.Tell us all the words on the Key Pad screen, attach your MPC, and a pic showing where the error occurs.
AskBud

DocWheeler
10-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Lon,

I was cleaning up my emails and read an old one from LHR.
At that time, at least, the error number simply defined the
line of code in the program where the error occurred.

If that is still the case, the error number would be software
version specific.

kool69sporty
10-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Lon, if you're running Ver 1.175, there is a standard Error List available. Go to CarveWright Support & its the first item listed under Maintenance. E06 is Y axis stall.
Joe

Digitalwoodshop
10-15-2010, 12:35 PM
OK... So new computer.... New Keypad.... Still get strange errors.... POWER SUPPLY..... You could have a BAD Power Supply....

AL

RMarkey
10-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Actually, E06 is a Z stall.

lhanner
10-16-2010, 11:03 PM
I am attaching the mpc file. I still haven't got this thing fixed. I did notice that the Z-truck is hard to move up and down more than usual, and seemed to make no differences with power on or off. All bearings flat with the truck housing. It moves smooth it just hard to move up and down. I took the entire assembly off and checked the 2 screws that hold the z-belt in place they were fine. nothing on the outside catching it. LHR don't know what it is. They want me to send it to them at my cost of course. Screw that. Anyone got any ideas at all. I have put new controller, display, power supply, Z-motor, Y-motor, emulation board, all new cables. I mean all. I have spent well over 600.00 I am at the point of no-return. My wife is so pissed at me. If I don't get this thing fixed. I will let you know the date and time and you can see me on DIVORCE COURT. Any help would be most appreciated .

earlyrider
10-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Check the Z bearings to see if they're rolling when you move the truck up and down. Take the plastic sweepers off them, and mark the bearings with a dot from a marker. The symptoms described sound like a dragging or stuck bearing.
Ron

lhanner
10-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Did that already and they roll smooth. Thanks anyway

STEAM
10-25-2010, 11:08 AM
After a weekend of doing scans I set things back up to carve and received this same error. I took things apart. Cleaned the encoder (which looked fine to start} Checked the z sensor readings which also was fine. Checked the travel of the truck which is nice and smooth with no dragging. I reseated the FFC and noticed I now get the error at a different spot during the setup of the bits. I am hoping that this indicates a faulty FFC. I am ordering one today and will let you know if that fixes my problem.

lhanner
10-26-2010, 01:15 AM
I did not get this error until I updated to 1.175. I am thinking about going back to 1.170 and see if it gose away. Anyone think this is a good idea or not?

fwharris
10-26-2010, 02:14 AM
I did not get this error until I updated to 1.175. I am thinking about going back to 1.170 and see if it gose away. Anyone think this is a good idea or not?

It will not cost you anthing to try!!!

STEAM
10-26-2010, 06:03 AM
I have 1.175 and 1.153 still installed. I tried with both versions ad still got a z stall error. I was hoping it was just something to do with 1.175 but no such luck for me.

lhanner
10-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Well if you been following my post this is whats happening now. For the last 3 days I fire up my cw, and it goes through the honing process, I select 7 ON the key pad and it ask me to load the board I want to measure. I load it it measure both the width and length, but when I select to measure the thickness it ask me to load the 1/8 cutting bit I do it goes over to the flapper the bit touches and it come back to the left then it give me the E06-0313 error. Now I try the process all over again and it gives me the E06-0313 error. I can turn off the cw and leave it set for 2 hours and it will do the measure as explained above. I talked to Philip today he ask me to check the voltage on the power supply. Turn power ON Set the volt reader meter @ 200v dc then check the yellow & black for 24v and The red & black for 5v . I got the correct readings. You would think that would rule out the power supply right ? So, now I am wondering if it is a bad controller. Again anyones thoughts or suggestions. I am going on week 9 of being down. I am bound and determined to fix this thing.

dbfletcher
10-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Unfortunately I dont think it is that cut & dry. The power supply really needs to be tested "under load". Many times a power supply, battery, etc will show the right voltage if tested with no load, but as soon as you place a load on the line the voltage could drop way off. I'm sure the more savy hardware guys will jump in with a better explaination.

Digitalwoodshop
10-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Lon....

Humor me.... Load the 1/16 carving bit rather than the 1/8th inch cutting bit and do the same thing. BUT if it passes the setup STOP the machine before the Cut Motor starts to cut.

I want to see if the 1/8 inch bit is TOO LONG in the holder....

AL

al2888dj
10-27-2010, 10:47 AM
1/8th inch cutting bit too long happen to me using rock chuck shorten the bit works great using 175

STEAM
10-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Today I removed the protective housing surrounding the 14 pin connector on the back of the z motor. Before that I carefully removed the FFC Ribbon wire. I decided to see what the machine would do without the FFC connected. It powered up and almost instantly gave me the 0313 error. That told me that my problem definitely lies with the FFC. I blew out the 14 pin connector and reinserted the FFC without the protective cover. Fired the machine and everything works just fine. I think what happened was a small amount of dust made its way into the connector and was causing the error. I am going to run a project and see how it goes.
(http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?16582-Err-E06-0313)

STEAM
10-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Another note to add. With all the dust and all the moving parts; static electricity can build up on connectors causing them to act erratic or blocking the signal all togeather. Sometimes just powering down, then disconnecting the cable and reconnecting it will remove the static charge. This used to be a problem with computers years ago. If you are careful its worth a try.

lhanner
10-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Yes I think it is to long, I did what you said with the 1/16th cutting bit and it went through just fine. Then I did the following, 1st I set the 1/8 bit to 1” from bottom of the bit to the top of the Colet. I notice that when the bit touched the flapper it bent the flapper downward. I’m just guessing it bent downward at lest 1/32 or maybe more. FYI I am using the 1/8 bit I got from Ron Justice. 2nd took the bit over to the grinder and ground off roughly 1/8”, and went back through the process and it measured the thickness just fine. Now I would like to tell you I have my machine back up and running, AL it looks as if your were right. It was in the power supply the connector that leads from the power supply to the controller. The yellow wire was lose. I resodered the wire and that did the trick. Now this is how I determined it was a power I set my CW up on blocks high enough so I could connect the leads from the volt meter to the power cable and turned on the CW and watched as it was going through the honing process and bam the power dropped from 24v to 11v. it went back up to 24v as soon as I powered off and back on.

Digitalwoodshop
10-27-2010, 06:52 PM
First for TIM..... In the Words of the Robot in Lost in Space...... DANGER DANGER Young Will Robinson.... DANGER...... From Tim: I blew out the 14 pin connector and reinserted the FFC without the protective cover. Fired the machine and everything works just fine. I think what happened was a small amount of dust made its way into the connector and was causing the error. I am going to run a project and see how it goes.

I did that once.... The FSC cable drooped and snagged something on the way to the Bit Plate and jerked the cable down and out under power..... It Destroyed the Z Servo Motor...... I had extra motors and swapped parts until I fixed it again... Guessing what I blew UP...... REPLACE the top FSC black Cap.... It supports the FSC CABLE from drooping....

Now to Lon.... GREAT JOB fixing the machine...... and finding the loose Power Supply Wire.... and LONG 1/8 inch Bit.... GREAT JOB !!!!!

AL

STEAM
10-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks Al. I am replacing the cover first thing in the morning. I haven't run a project yet and had much rather have things back in the original position. I know you stay busy Al but if you ever had time to write a service manual you could make a killing. Thank you for all of your help.

kool69sporty
10-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Question for Lon or anyone who has the answer. I just installed my Rock and have a similar problem as described. What should the dimension be from the tip of the bit to the face of the chuck, with/without collet? I was doing a project with a mixed carve region and with vector paths; carve went well, but bit dug deep at start of vector. Maybe other issues are involved, too? Appreciate help. Thnx, Joe

AskBud
10-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Question for Lon or anyone who has the answer. I just installed my Rock and have a similar problem as described. What should the dimension be from the tip of the bit to the face of the chuck, with/without collet? I was doing a project with a mixed carve region and with vector paths; carve went well, but bit dug deep at start of vector. Maybe other issues are involved, too? Appreciate help. Thnx, Joe
The statement, in red, leads me to think the answer may be in the MPC rather than the placement of the bit. Most "Vector" bits are shorter than the Carving or Cutting bit. Therefore, I suggest that you attach the MPC for us to see. Point out the deep area it carved.
AskBud

lhanner
10-28-2010, 10:41 AM
1st if you are using the 1/8 cutting bit from Ron Justus I had to grind of 1/8" off the top and chamfer it so it will go into the Colet. Set it at 1 1/16 from the bottom of the bit to the bottom of the Colet. this will give you 1/16th clearance if you are cutting 1" deep. I set my carving bit to 1" from the bottom of the bit to the bottom of the Colet. I am sure you already know 3/4" is about the depth for carving and 1" for cutting. Hope this helps

kool69sporty
10-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Thanks to Lon & Bud for their replies. Ron Justice said that bits should be 1 to 1 1/8" projection with the Rock Chuck, so Lon you are right on. Bud, sorry for missing the MPC attachment, I should know by now after watching the forum almost day over the past 2 months; but that said, your thought got me to try an older file of mixed raster & vector carves. That carve went well & when I went back to the problem file, I found I tried to carve a foam block that was more that 1/4" below the side rails on the carving sled. When I used a new block equal heigth, all went well. Thnx again, guys, this is a great forum thanks to the many folks willing to share their experience & knowledge. Joe

Ducky63
11-01-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm having the same problem as Lhanner only I get Board Find Fault Error 313 Press Stop & also Board Find Fault Error 1009 Press Stop. I'm trying to carve a half a horse for my granddaughter. I have one side & trying to get the other side so I can glue them together to make one horse. Thank you for your help. Duuky 63

Digitalwoodshop
11-01-2010, 09:06 PM
I am confused... This is a 2 sided project and you are getting the error?

If SO then are you using 1.175? There are 2 posts about a bug in 1.175 with a 2 sided carving. LHR is working on it...

I am thinking this is your problem....

AL

Ducky63
11-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Yes I'm using 1.175 & yes it is a 2side pattern. But I only want to carve the one side. My board is 9.25 X 24 X 3/4 with 3 1/2" on each side because I'm using a 1/2" sled. The pattern size is 7.500"x 5.459". Would it help if I cut my board down smaller in lenght?

Digitalwoodshop
11-02-2010, 01:09 AM
OK... I see your problem..... The Cut Path is the reason you have this problem....

When you install the 1/8 inch Cutting Bit for the Cut Path it is TOO LONG in the holder....

Shorten it up and you will be back in Busisness...

Not bad for a 2 AM reply.... I just put the last batch of tags into the UV Oven and have some time to kill before I can shut it off for then night and get some sleep....

AL

Ducky63
11-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks AL but I don't know if it makes a differance or not, I've got a CT bit holder. I've even try it with out cutting it out with just the 1/16" bit & still get the same errors. I guess I'll have to try carving both half instead of one side. Thanks again for your help & hope LHR gets this fixed soon.

Digitalwoodshop
11-02-2010, 09:39 PM
With the Carve Tite... Then it is NOT a bit problem....

The ball is in LHR's court.... Looking for 1.176.....

AL

liquidguitars
11-03-2010, 01:21 AM
Yes I'm using 1.175 & yes it is a 2side pattern. But I only want to carve the one side. My board is 9.25 X 24 X 3/4 with 3 1/2" on each side because I'm using a 1/2" sled. The pattern size is 7.500"x 5.459". Would it help if I cut my board down smaller in lenght?

just split up the project into two projects MPC's runs, as simple and deleting one side and vis a versa.

Off subject a tad but the next sled you build make the tails 4" or longer it will be more stable.

Pratyeka
11-03-2010, 06:20 AM
reading through this thread, I get the feeling that the lenght of the bits are programmed into the new software. With older versions, if the machine finds a bit lenght different on the second measurement, it ask you to measure again or continue with the latest measurement. Is this still the case or now it checks for a standard lenght?

liquidguitars
11-03-2010, 08:57 AM
continue with the latest measurement. Is this still the case or now it checks for a standard lenght?

works the same as it did..

RabidRed
11-11-2010, 07:32 PM
I had the same problem and moved the cutting bit up in the collett and it works fine.

chebytrk
11-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Well I guess it's my turn now with this error code mess............
I just got my machine from LHR last week and I've started to run the Xmas ornaments POM. 1st 2 mpc's ran fine (using the QC that came with the machine). I then reinstalled my ol' Rock Chuck and it all started well. I made the mpcs a 2 sided carving so I could put writing on the back of the ornaments. Today I ran the 3rd board mpc and it carved fine on the "back side". It then asked me to flip the board and I did. After it started and measured the board I inserted the cutting bit and that's when I got my first "Z Axis Stall E06 313 error" code. I read up on the thread here and since I had collars on my bits I used one(cutting bit) without a collar. Ran it thru and this time it worked fine as I pushed the cutting bit up a little further in to the Rock chuck. I then decided to use a "collarless" carving bit. When it asked for it, it started fine and made the touch plate measurements fine. It's when it came back all the way to the pad side that it went down and stayed there (as the cutting bit first was doing) and gave me the same error code Z Axis Stall E06 313. I then tried again and used a "collared" carving bit, but I keep getting the same E06 313 error code. HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe that I've been down 2 months with my CompuCarve and FINALLY got Sears to replace it, got it straight from LHR and now this. Also the machine is not a new one, it's a refurbished model. I was tired of fighting with Sears on a "New" replacement instead of a refurbished one from LHR so I accepted it. I still have my extended warranty though (til 2014). I'm just disappointed cause I'm running in to problems so early. Could it be this latest new software that causing all these problems? I've got the old software so should I reinstall it? If so, please tell me how as I've never reinstalled old software. Thanks guys......... JerryB

dbfletcher
11-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Make sure your machine didnt accidently drill thru that plastic plate on the keyboard side of the machine. You may need to epoxy it back if it either drilled thru or started to drill in.

chebytrk
11-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Just checked it and it's still good........ You think it might be the software?

dbfletcher
11-13-2010, 05:42 PM
I dont really think so.. the cutting bit is the only one I have run in to problems with using the Rock.. with the sleeve and collar I got a lot of z axis issues, but when I just removed the collar my troubles when away. (unless the triangle plastic plate keypad side was damaged ("drilled thru"). But since u just checked that I guess we can rule that one out. I guess you'll need to wait for the real guru's to chime in.

Digitalwoodshop
11-13-2010, 05:43 PM
I have my 1/8 inch locking ring all the way to the end just before the cutting flutes. What I believe is happening is that LHR has tightened up the length tolerance for the 1/8 inch carving bit. If a after market chuck is used and the bit is installed longer than the QC Bit OR the Carve Tite Bit as can be done with a after market chuck then the machine throws a fit.... Hence the Error Code..... Place a Locking Ring on YOUR bit so the bit can be installed at a similar length as the Carve Tite or the QC. Since everyone else is doing just fine with a Rock Chuck it comes down to Pilot Error... Shorten the bit and start carving. If this fails to work then let us know. If you installed the 1/16 carving bit when you were asked to install the 1/8 inch cutting bit and got the same error.... It is because it expects the correct length for the 1/8th bit and you installed the SHORT 1/16th bit. It's not about the Bit being bad.... It's all about installing the correct bit at the correct EXPECTED length.... any other and the machine tells you there is a problem.

Why the 1/8 inch bit tolerance was tightened up is something that only LHR Knows for sure.... I might simply be to prevent a TOO LONG of a 1/8 inch bit from TRIPPING on the way left to right or right to left snapping off your $40.00 bit....

So most likely no conspiracy here... No need to call Jesse Ventura.... Just a safety change to prevent you from installing too long of a bit... Saving YOU money...

Just my 2 cents.... I could be wrong..... I have been wrong many times before....

AL

quarrydesigns
11-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Just recieved a rebuild machine with carve tight update. So far have successfully completed 4 projects but on two of them had some E06-0313 errors each time I was able to restart the carve on the same board and complete the cut with no problem. Thought maybe the bit was slipping out slightly during the carve and causing the stall but rechecked and found it was fully seated and tight. After the last one checked the z truck and while it moved it seemed a little tight but having no previous experience with the machine dont really know how tight is too tight. Did a quick clean and lube of both the z and x rails and completed the carve with no further stalls only time will tell if the problem comes back or not.

Daniel Smith
Quarry Designs Wood Working

earlyrider
11-13-2010, 07:53 PM
JerryB,
Did you screw the Rock on all the way? As I recall, you can tighten it on the spindle threads either too low or too high. Maybe yours is a little too low, putting the collared bits too low also. If you spin the Rock on too high, it might drag on the spindle housing.
Ron

chebytrk
11-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks everyone... I'm now up and running again. I checked the length of the cutting bit with my carving bit and there was a small difference in length (carving bit was longer). I then put it on the grinder and made them both the same length and all is working fine now. I am now using all of my bits without the collars and checked them all to make sure that they're all the same length. It's wierd that just that one carving bit (out of 5) was about 1/16 longer than all of my 1/4 bits. It does make sense that something has been done that the machine is now more "picky" with the bits. I'm just glad that I'm up and working again. I may try later to find me some type of shrink tube that I can cut just a small piece to make a thin collar for the bits. That way I make sure that they are always set at the exact same depth in to the RC. Anyway, thanks again for everyone's help and suggestions. Once again the Sawdust Dream Team comes through!

quarrydesigns
11-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Still having on again off again z stall eo6-0313, happened twice today on same project at totally different places on the carve, both times was able to resart and finally finished the project on the third try. Two other carves since then with no problems this a recently rebuilt machine with carvetight update and latest software any thoughts on what could be causing this intermitten error?

Daniel Smith
Quarry Designs Wood Working

lhanner
11-17-2010, 06:41 PM
1st day back out of the hospital and wheeled chair to the shop, and fired up the CW selected a simple name carving, and immediately got "Z Axis Stall error E06 0313" I manually moved the truck up and down then I hit #7 "FYI no bit installed" selected length, and it measured just fine, then I measured width, and did just fine, I selected thickness and placed the 1/8th cutting bit in and it went all the way down to the touch off plate and as it was traveling up I got the error e06 0313. So I started the whole process over again 6 times and it just keeps erroring out, so I moved the truck up and down several times and I notice it was easy to move up and down, Finlay it got hard to move up and down, "As it should normally" I selected #7 again and it went through the length, width, and thickness ok. I then selected a different project "Name and Address sign 3/4 x 10 x 24" as soon as it started honing it error-ed out again same error. I called LHR and went through the whole sha-bang with no help. The suggested the z-motor, so I ordered one and some new rails. I got to thanking about it and looked at my last order and I just put a new z-motor on 9-21-10. I called them back and ask if the z-motor in warranty was good for 30 days they said it was, but you have to send it in to them for testing before they honor, I have no problem with that. While I was working on my CW I notice the Y-truck had a hire line crack in it where the screw attach's the z-motor "Right hand side" so I ordered a Y-truck also. I am hoping that the hire line crack was causing the z-motor to move, and maybe that why I was getting the error.

Daniel
If I were you I would check the Y-Truck if is out of kilter this may be your problem. If you have access to a good dial indicator I would check from side to side on the Y-truck, If you don't have access to one then I would take it all off and clean and reassemble it. As Al says just my 2 cents.

lhanner
11-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Got my parts in today and I am up and running. It was the crack in the Y-truck, whitch caused the z-motor to move, and this gave the e06 0313 error.

fwharris
11-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Got my parts in today and I am up and running. It was the crack in the Y-truck, whitch caused the z-motor to move, and this gave the e06 0313 error.

Lon,

Thats great to hear!!! Make some dust now!!!