PDA

View Full Version : Designer = Blue screen

Eagle Hollow
10-13-2010, 05:08 PM
I've been absent for several months (before the forum's format was changed). When I open Designer my computer shuts down windows and goes to blue screen.
The message says, "Windows has shut down to avoid serious damage to your computer..."
Trying to fix it, I have uninstalled Designer three times and and reinstalled (latest is 1.175) with no luck. Still getting shut down to blue screen. Help anyone? Thanks in advance.

Ike
10-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Jerry have you tried installing a different version of the designer? Or re-downloading 1.175 from LHR? I would try a different designer and if it works it may be a virus or something going wrong with your computer?

Ike

lynnfrwd
10-13-2010, 05:19 PM
What operating system are you on and are you following the special instructions for Vista & Windows 7 that ask you to run as administrator? Normally, if this is the problem it gives you the "Invalid License Code" error. Not heard of it giving you a blue screen. When you uninstall it are you doing it through Control Panel?

lynnfrwd
10-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Jerry:

I show you as an educator and all of your licenses are in use. Send an email to sales@carvewright.com or better yet, call sales at 713-473-6572. I'll walk you through it.

Also, if you are doing it through the school's network you are more than likely encountering their firewall.