PDA

View Full Version : Question about adding a new machine...

wgrecco
10-13-2010, 02:12 AM
To all,

Even though I am very new to the Carvewright machine, I am not trying to be a "traitor"... but I came across a Epilog Laser Engraver / cutting machine on the web last night and boy that thing looks cool! I was thinking about ADDING it to my shop alongside the Carvewright. The only thing that makes me hesitant is obviously the cost. It runs like $8K.

I was wondering if anyone on here either has one, used one or knows anything about them and can give me some insight on them.

Thanks for your input.
Wayne

TerryT
10-13-2010, 06:49 AM
Talk to Al. He has everything. Including an Epilog laser. You can check his website for info also.

http://www.poconodigitalwoodshop.com/

Digitalwoodshop
10-13-2010, 09:57 AM
I have 2 very old Epilog Lasers. They are very very COOL.... Just know that the old Epilog Laser Tubes are very expensive to get recharged....

This is a topic that is best researched at 2 other Forums that I visit Daily... Sawmill Creek - Engraving Forum and Engraving Etc. Forum.

Having to spend $4000.00 plus the week after you bring home that $8K laser for a Recharge will sting.....

I had my lesson in Humility... I bought a old ALT Laser on eBay BROKEN thinking I could fix it.... Bad Tube... Never Did... I still have the Boat Anchor in my Storage Shed.... I have since been thought 3 more like it then traded them for 2 Epilog's from my Laser Buddy.

You can always call me, my number is on my web page.

I have made more money with my 4 CW's then with the Lasers.... There are things that a Laser can do in fine detail that can add value to CW Stuff.....

I have a 20 Watt and a 30 Watt.... I cannot cut 1/8 inch wood.... You need at least 45 to 60 watts.....

AL