PDA

View Full Version : Scanning Probe Installatoin

Chet67
10-11-2010, 11:33 AM
I have just upgraded to the CaveTight and ordered the Straight Bushing for my scanning probe. I checked the manual for the scanning probe (Rev 1.09) 07/16/10. On page 3 Figure 3: Scanning Probe Features. The picture shows the bushing for the Cavetight to be 1/2" Gap, but on page 4 of the manual it says: If you have upgraded to the Carvetight spindle, remove the tapered adapter and press the straight bushing down to within 0.25" of the probe body (see figure 3). What should it be?

AskBud
10-11-2010, 02:03 PM
I have just upgraded to the CaveTight and ordered the Straight Bushing for my scanning probe. I checked the manual for the scanning probe (Rev 1.09) 07/16/10. On page 3 Figure 3: Scanning Probe Features. The picture shows the bushing for the Cavetight to be 1/2" Gap, but on page 4 of the manual it says: If you have upgraded to the Carvetight spindle, remove the tapered adapter and press the straight bushing down to within 0.25" of the probe body (see figure 3). What should it be?
What they are looking for, is a good "bite" on the probe shaft. I push mine all the way in, but you could use one of the 1/4 spacers if you want.
The probe does not require a 2nd touch before working, so just be sure it is tight in the chuck.
AskBud