PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Width in Conform

bikeaccdnt
10-11-2010, 10:28 AM
I am having an issue with the Board width when using conform. The problem is I measure the board several times and it is off by 1/1000th of an inch IE: Measured board as 5.432, next measurement is 5.431. These are in the exact same spot each time. So no problem, I just change the board dimensions in designer. Thats where the issue lies. I change the width to 5.432 but it does not keep the setting as 5.432, it keeps it as 5.430 so since the carve is using conform, it prompts me to re-load the board since it is not able to scale.

So... How does this get fixed ? I dont have the tools to take 1/1000th of an inch off the wood, It wont let me scale and it wont ever let me carve because the width is off by 1/1000th.

If the firmware is accurate to 1/1000 shouldnt the designer software ?

Why am I getting different width measurements ?

earlyrider
10-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Metallus just addressed this in a pattern editor entry. Hope this helps.
Ron

liquidguitars
10-11-2010, 10:53 AM
I am having an issue with the Board width when using conform. The problem is I measure the board several times and it is off by 1/1000th of an inch IE: Measured board as 5.432, next measurement is 5.431. These are in the exact same spot each time. So no problem, I just change the board dimensions in designer. Thats where the issue lies. I change the width to 5.432 but it does not keep the setting as 5.432, it keeps it as 5.430 so since the carve is using conform, it prompts me to re-load the board since it is not able to scale.

So... How does this get fixed ? I dont have the tools to take 1/1000th of an inch off the wood, It wont let me scale and it wont ever let me carve because the width is off by 1/1000th.

If the firmware is accurate to 1/1000 shouldnt the designer software ?

Why am I getting different width measurements ?

This was happening to me before conform as solution for sled users was to max out the y and x measurement making the sled larger than the project size buy .25" and use " place on corner" and not "place on center". problem gone..

you will notice in this video I added a .25 piece of wood to the sled in the x now if the sled expands due to the weather it's not a issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygmBPsvAU-I

RMarkey
10-11-2010, 10:56 AM
With conform vectors, the machine will not scale the project if the width of the project IS LARGER than the width of the actual board.

Just make your project SMALLER than the width of the board, and you will be fine. In your example, set it to 5.4".

The machine will never, ever scale your projects UP.

liquidguitars
10-11-2010, 11:03 AM
With conform vectors, the machine will not scale the project if the width of the project IS LARGER than the width of the actual board.

I think you mean if the wood is larger? than the project you will not get scaling. if the wood is smaller that the project thats when you get the dreaded scale prompt.