PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in scan mode...

LollyWood
10-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Hello every one.

Just slipped out of the shadows to ask a tech question. I was cleaning thing 1. Finished the dust up and went to measure a board to conferm the sensors were working. But I must have pressed the wrong button, now all I get when I start up is "accessory menu...scan area." My probe went 10-7, so I don't have a probe to let it do a quick scan. I've shut the unit down, unplugged, switched cards, prayed to the high lords of Valhala, and nada....:confused:

Any ideas most technically advanced CW folks on the planet? :^)

TerryT
10-10-2010, 04:18 PM
On the key pad, check the probe connection. make sure it is set to "Cover", If you have the newer Z. If you still plug your probe into the z truck, check the cables for a pinched wire.

mtylerfl
10-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Hello every one.

Just slipped out of the shadows to ask a tech question. I was cleaning thing 1. Finished the dust up and went to measure a board to conferm the sensors were working. But I must have pressed the wrong button, now all I get when I start up is "accessory menu...scan area." My probe went 10-7, so I don't have a probe to let it do a quick scan. I've shut the unit down, unplugged, switched cards, prayed to the high lords of Valhala, and nada....:confused:

Any ideas most technically advanced CW folks on the planet? :^)

Just to expand on what Terry said...

On the key pad, check the probe connection. make sure it is set to "Cover", If you have the newer Z. If you still plug your probe into the z truck, check the cables for a pinched wire.

Put the card in the machine, turn the machine on. If it says “Scan Area”... Press option “0”. Scroll down to number 5, User Options. Scroll down to Scan Probe. Make sure it is on “cover” instead of "Z truck".

LollyWood
10-10-2010, 05:36 PM
HOO-AHHHH You gota LOVE the 2 T's. Thanks Terry, and Mike. That did the trick!!! It never ceases to amaze me the wealth here on this forum. Happy Carving Gang and wear those dust masks!!!

Back to the shadows :^)