PDA

View Full Version : board sensor Acting strange

jbroussel
10-09-2010, 04:42 PM
when in home poistion it reads a high number and stays high on board but when all the way to the right off the board it goes to zero its like it sees a board in the home poistion any ideas

help please
Jeremy

jbroussel
10-09-2010, 05:14 PM
thought i should let yall know whats been done, i changed the ztruck motor an ribbon cable, due the z axies error since then i did a project no problems then was doing another one to day the duck shelf one was doing the sides did the back piece flipped over started the front about 80% done had a z axiexs error cleared it, and now getting the check board sensor, i took the cover off an use white paper from home to about 2-3 inches the number stays the same then will climb a little when it goes off the board to the right it goes to zero

fwharris
10-09-2010, 06:21 PM
thought i should let yall know whats been done, i changed the ztruck motor an ribbon cable, due the z axies error since then i did a project no problems then was doing another one to day the duck shelf one was doing the sides did the back piece flipped over started the front about 80% done had a z axiexs error cleared it, and now getting the check board sensor, i took the cover off an use white paper from home to about 2-3 inches the number stays the same then will climb a little when it goes off the board to the right it goes to zero

At what part of the process are you getting the board sensor msg?

If during the measuring step, is it on the width or length?

The sensor reading will go to "0" when it goes off of the board.

Digitalwoodshop
10-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Well I guess this is a good place to start my 5000th post....

To do the white paper test you would place the paper on the board and crank the head down. That way you get a standard reading with color and distance. The number of 156 would be the reflective reading.... Moving the head off the board and paper should result in a zero reading once the LED was shining into the Abyss of the machine ... Like a Reflector in your headlights.

So do the test and let us know the results.

Since you changed the flat FSC Cable, I would also move the flat FSC cable around looking for the number to go to ZERO without moving the head. What I suspect is that the slack on your FSC cable is not even and when the head goes to the bit flag it is pulling the cable and has possibly snapped a wire.... OR NOT.... Had seen that before... my 4th machine.... That was the only thing wrong with it.

So we need to know your numbers to decide which way to go next.... 156 good... 90 bad...

Check your roller switches too... With the LCD.

AL

5000 :rolleyes:

Capt Bruce
10-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Sincere CONGRATULATIONS Al Who. You are a worthy Mentor Sir.

jbroussel
10-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Ok white papaer test with ztruck in middle of wood and cranked all the way up it reads 0 then when i bring it down it reads 154 if i do the same all the way to the right (side without control panel/) it does the same , if i move the truck off the board to the right it goes to 0. however when I move the truck to the left side of board if i start with head up it will read 0 and stay at 0 when i lower the head. . I I go back to middle an lower heads an get the reading 154 and then slide the head to the left (towards the lcd panel) it will stay at 154 even after it is all the way home off the board, I have played with the cable and the wires nothing seems to be pinch and no difference when i play with the cable. the strange thing i have noticed is when in home position what ever the number is it will very very slowly count to 0 initial fault was when it was measuring with right after it asked to stay under roller. help please

i am using select pine

bjbethke
10-10-2010, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=jbroussel;140190]Ok white papaer test with ztruck in middle of wood and cranked all the way up it reads 0 then when i bring it down it reads 154 if i do the same all the way to the right (side without control panel/) it does the same , if i move the truck off the board to the right it goes to 0. however when I move the truck to the left side of board if i start with head up it will read 0 and stay at 0 when i lower the head. . I I go back to middle an lower heads an get the reading 154 and then slide the head to the left (towards the lcd panel) it will stay at 154 even after it is all the way home off the board, I have played with the cable and the wires nothing seems to be pinch and no difference when i play with the cable. the strange thing i have noticed is when in home position what ever the number is it will very very slowly count to 0 initial fault was when it was measuring with right after it asked to stay under roller. help please

i am using select pine[/QUOTE/

It sounds like your sensor is OK, have you tried to measure a board. Use control button 7 and set it to read the length. The machine will measure the width first then the length. If your sensor/wires are bad it will give you an error when the machine measures the width.

fwharris
10-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Ok white papaer test with ztruck in middle of wood and cranked all the way up it reads 0 then when i bring it down it reads 154 if i do the same all the way to the right (side without control panel/) it does the same , if i move the truck off the board to the right it goes to 0. however when I move the truck to the left side of board if i start with head up it will read 0 and stay at 0 when i lower the head. . I I go back to middle an lower heads an get the reading 154 and then slide the head to the left (towards the lcd panel) it will stay at 154 even after it is all the way home off the board, I have played with the cable and the wires nothing seems to be pinch and no difference when i play with the cable. the strange thing i have noticed is when in home position what ever the number is it will very very slowly count to 0 initial fault was when it was measuring with right after it asked to stay under roller. help please

i am using select pine

Let me check to see if Im reading this correctly!!!

With the head cranked down in the carving position and the cutting head (z truck) in the up position your readings are "0" but when you lower the z truck the readings are 154?

The reading should not change by moving the z truck up and down.

If so it sounds like one of the wires from the sensor might be pinched or even the connector from the sensor that plugs into the board on the back of the z truck might not be plugged in all of the way.

jbroussel
10-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the assistance I am back up an running for now anyway

fwharris
10-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the assistance I am back up an running for now anyway

What did you find and fix that got you back to carving??

Digitalwoodshop
10-10-2010, 03:20 PM
The reading should not change by moving the z truck up and down.

The reading is based on reflective light and if the head is cranked up the numbers should get lower and lower until it is zero....

But your right, just moving the Z Head up should result in no change as the board detector is never moving up being mounted at the bottom of the truck.

Glad you are back up and running....

AL

fwharris
10-10-2010, 06:38 PM
But your right, just moving the Z Head up should result in no change as the board detector is never moving up being mounted at the bottom of the truck.

Glad you are back up and running....

AL

Thanks Al!!!