PDA

View Full Version : Custom Models

jpaluck
10-09-2010, 04:08 PM
From time to time I get requests to do a custom model for someone and the magic question - whats the cost? For me, this is pure hobby so I really don't have an hourly rate, so I always respond the same - shoot me a picture via e-mail and I will give you a price. The customs models I have done have been fun and a great group of folks to work with. I have attached a couple pics of a model I just did for $25.00. I made 2 different versions of the sign...I think one has too much detail in the compass and might not carve the best. I made the lighthouse and the mason symbol seperatly for the overall model so included those models as well for the customer

liquidguitars
10-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Nice work!

fwharris
10-09-2010, 04:32 PM
From time to time I get requests to do a custom model for someone and the magic question - whats the cost? For me, this is pure hobby so I really don't have an hourly rate, so I always respond the same - shoot me a picture via e-mail and I will give you a price. The customs models I have done have been fun and a great group of folks to work with. I have attached a couple pics of a model I just did for $25.00. I made 2 different versions of the sign...I think one has too much detail in the compass and might not carve the best. I made the lighthouse and the mason symbol seperatly for the overall model so included those models as well for the customer

I had John do a custom model of a mountain biker

ibewiggin
10-09-2010, 11:08 PM
You definately have some talent. I tried doing something like that for my Grandfather who belongs to the Knights of Pythias. Mine is nowhere close to what you did. Keep up the good work.