PDA

View Full Version : Closing loops

sk8nmike
10-09-2010, 08:02 AM
I broke down and got the DFX importer, works rather well for bringing drawings into the editor.

This morning imported a rather complex drawing split across 2 boards. First board went great closed of the open loops across the top of the board, selected the cut tool and hide cutout..Beautiful. Now comes the second board closed the loops and no cut tool, checked to make sure that my added lines were attached at both ends, but still not cut tool.

Sooo I've got an open in the loop some where (there are several hundred nodes). Anyone got a quick way to find the open?

AskBud
10-09-2010, 09:20 AM
I broke down and got the DFX importer, works rather well for bringing drawings into the editor.

This morning imported a rather complex drawing split across 2 boards. First board went great closed of the open loops across the top of the board, selected the cut tool and hide cutout..Beautiful. Now comes the second board closed the loops and no cut tool, checked to make sure that my added lines were attached at both ends, but still not cut tool.

Sooo I've got an open in the loop some where (there are several hundred nodes). Anyone got a quick way to find the open?
LHR made it easy for use a while back.
Click on VIEW > Toggle NON_Endpoints. You will only see the points you need to consider. As you slightly move one of these points, the two will glow RED indicating a connection. They will then disappear.
AskBud

sk8nmike
10-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Great, thanks..

Mike

RMarkey
10-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Also, make sure you "autoconnect" before completing the import. This will help eliminate large numbers of tiny vectors.

sk8nmike
10-12-2010, 05:54 AM
Also, make sure you "autoconnect" before completing the import. This will help eliminate large numbers of tiny vectors.

Had that on it still missed 3 points. But selecting Toggle non-end points brought them out and made it very easy to correct.