PDA

View Full Version : Entering Board Dimensions

lpj1019
10-08-2010, 08:51 AM
I need some advise.....I'm making a large sign with three 1"x12"x36" piece of Cedar.....the true width dimension of these boards are 11-3/16".....

So in the design program when you enter the board dimension for your project, for the width I'm trying to enter 11.1875.....but when I go to enter the decimal dimension it won't let me enter the last digit "5" and because of this I'm afraid it going to throw my alignment off.

Can someone advise me on this issue.....I'm actually surprised CW hasn't addressed this issue......if it is a issue......or I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks
Paul

cnsranch
10-08-2010, 08:55 AM
You're only going to be off by five ten-thousandths, I wouldn't worry about it.

Make sure you read the Tips and Tricks regarding making larger signs.

TIMCOSBY
10-08-2010, 11:54 PM
if its critical i would let the cw measure it then mark it on the board then you should be dead on.

CarverJerry
10-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Come on man, you are talking one half of a thousands of an inch. This is a Wood cutting machine and with out using some sort of precision measuring tool you will never notice it, even if it were in metal no human can see that something is off by a half thousand of an inch (.0005). Being wood as the weather changes so does the wood, it will move, shrink, grow and even bend. Being a machinist for 30+ years I have to say just drop off the 4th place dimension, wouldn't even round up or down, just drop it. Just my 2 cents worth on this Paul

CJ