PDA

View Full Version : Doing its own thing!

jblues71
12-12-2006, 07:47 PM
No matter what i have tried this project goes in all the wrong directions. It starts off good, then gets a mind of its own. I have uploaded a screen shot of the pattern, and plenty of attempts at getting it to work. After the start it picks a time and either gradualy sinks, takes a plunge to the end of the pattern or just plain hicupps. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

pkunk
12-12-2006, 09:02 PM
You obviously have a software or firmware glitch. Do no more and call Carvewright for a fix.

Jeff_Birt
12-12-2006, 10:48 PM
It looks like it might not be finding the correct board height. Is there a depression, dip, knot hole when it does the board height test? Or, perhaps a cupped/twisted board?

ditchdoc
12-13-2006, 09:39 AM
I would agree on the cupped or twisted board. I have found that I get bad carvings unless the boards are very flat and untwisted. If a board is warped it will sometimes not be fed through the rollers properly. It has become hard to find wood, from home centers, that is NOT warped, cupped, twisted, etc. One must sort through a lot of wood to find something suitable. :?

Greybeard
12-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Forgive me if this is a no go, but could the problem with cupped boards and other irregularities, colour/knots etc, be solved if you made up a thin carrier with a built in clamping system ?

If I ever get a machine this is going to be very necessary for me, and I envisage a lightweight vacuum bed, sized to fit the machine from the word go.

John

jblues71
12-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Thanks, but none of the boards are deformed at all. Each of the pix are from different boards. It is iether a mechanical or software problem from what i can tell.

cmorlier
12-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Please give us a call, the guys here can walk you through some checks to figure what is going on with your machine.

jblues71
12-13-2006, 04:47 PM
I called and was told someone would call me back shortly, that was over an hour ago. Im not complaining yet. I just keep getting a busy signal when I call back, I understand it is a very busy place. It took me almost 3 days to get a call through the first time. So I will keep calling and waiting. Thanks.

cmorlier
12-13-2006, 05:03 PM
I apologize for the response time. Our phones have been busy, but their is usually a line open.

Just FYI, our support@carvewright.com email address is also a great way to get through to us.

jblues71
12-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the help and the quick response, I will be counting down the time till I can cranker back up. Thanks again

RobertP
12-13-2006, 09:06 PM
It looks as if the edges of the wood have a slight round over on the edge. If that is the case it may not be rolling properly on the sensor, in one of the pictures above it looks like the roller left an impression in the wood really heavily and then almost disappears towards the upper part of the picture, maybe the edge is not straight enough with that round over. did you turn the wood over and try it, or are the marks that I am seeing from something else?

jblues71
12-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks for all the help. It just happened to be a loose ribbon cable on the Z axis motor. Thanks to the excelent support it is up and running great.

RobertP
12-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Good Deal! Happy Carving!