PDA

View Full Version : imported graphics locations

Bmac
12-12-2006, 05:36 PM
I've had my machine for a couple of weeks, unfortunately, I've been out of state and haven't even been able to open the box yet!

I have used the software to design several projects here at work that I want to try when I return. However, they include a number of imported graphics. I've saved the projects to a thumb drive to take with me, but where are the imported graphics stored on the machine? I'd hate to get these home and find that I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Brian

pkunk
12-12-2006, 05:58 PM
I've had my machine for a couple of weeks, unfortunately, I've been out of state and haven't even been able to open the box yet!

I have used the software to design several projects here at work that I want to try when I return. However, they include a number of imported graphics. I've saved the projects to a thumb drive to take with me, but where are the imported graphics stored on the machine? I'd hate to get these home and find that I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Brian
I presume you have the Designer software installed at both locations. If your projects are completed they are saved as mpc files and will transfer to wherever on your home PC you wish. Then just open them with Designer, upload to the memory card (in the box w/ usb card reader) and then take the card to the machine. Clear as mud? Once you get everything unpacked, you'll see.

Bmac
12-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks!

That's what I was looking for. My concern was that the .mpc files might reference files located on one machine and not find them on the 2nd computer. I appreciate the quick response!

Brian
:D

pkunk
12-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks!

That's what I was looking for. My concern was that the .mpc files might reference files located on one machine and not find them on the 2nd computer. I appreciate the quick response!

Brian
:D
The mpc file is the file that the machine uses. You'll find a few posted here, most of them in the 'Gallery', which we post for others to use.
They're also small enough to email quite redily if you didn't trust your yhumb drive.

Bmac
12-12-2006, 06:55 PM
It's not that I don't trust the thumb drive. My concern was that the imported file might be contained in a library that I'd have to copy, along wht the .mpc file, so that everything would be available on my home machine.

Thanks again!