PDA

View Full Version : Here is one for you.

ibewiggin
10-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Ok so I have had just about every problem I can possibly have with this machine. I do not recommend buying refurbished units, as I have had mine for 6 months and have not successfully completed a single project. Any ways the problem I am having now is when the machine goes to measure the board it sends the board all the way out the back of the machine like it is supposed to but when it goes to find the other end and sends it out the front of the machine it makes like a clicking noise, says check feed roller. it ended up ripping my belts too. I pulled everything apart and found that it looks like the big gears that spin the rollers do not want to spin together in that direction. Is there anyone in washington who is famililiar with these things. I am at my wits end. I learned my lesson about refurbished machines though. It is getting sooo frustrating man. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Digitalwoodshop
10-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Sorry for your troubles. I too recommend everyone's first machine be a LHR machine with full warranty. Later you will know the machine and be able to save money on a referb.... Or in your case... You lost money....

As for your current problem, I believe the big plastic gears have stripped..... Look for broken teeth....

Either a board binding, ripped belt, or the left guide caused the broken gear.

Get totally stumped you can call me.... My number is on the bottom of my web page.

AL

ibewiggin
10-07-2010, 12:12 AM
I checked the gear teeth from the outside of the machine and could not see any damaged teeth. it goes fine in the other direction. I will pull it apart and remove the gears tomorrow to check better. I will report back. Thank you for the advice.

ibewiggin
10-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Yep, right on the money. I pulled the gears out and inspected them closer and sure enough two of the teeth are rounded out. Ordered a new gear set. Thanks again.