PDA

View Full Version : Talk box plug in

BlueRocco
10-06-2010, 02:01 PM
I heard from a friend of mine that you could plug a talk box into the probe to interface with the computer on the machine. Has any one heard of this? (my frined is blind and wants to use the Carvewright for some of the project listings.)

lynnfrwd
10-06-2010, 02:19 PM
The Tool Talker is a third party accessory that can be added to your CarveWright System. It basically reads the LCD menu for you with a synthesized voice made famous by Stephen Hawking. LHR worked very closely with Mario Salazar of www.salazarsolutions.com to create this feature for our blind and visually impaired customers (which there are a surprisingly large number including a school for the blind). The product is not sold through LHR. Send an email to Mario (who has created quite a few innovative tools) at sheri@salazarsolutions.com for pricing and information.

BlueRocco
10-06-2010, 02:26 PM
My friend already has the talk box and is going to bring it over tonight. Does it plug into the probe port?

atauer
10-06-2010, 02:32 PM
The talk box actually plugs into the port on the base of the machine on the back. Its normally used for calibration purposes, but the talk box uses it.

RMarkey
10-06-2010, 02:50 PM
On the CW, select the options menu (0) and the user settings (5). Arrow up and make sure "tool talker" is set to (on).

BlueRocco
10-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks, We'll try it out!

Digitalwoodshop
10-06-2010, 10:07 PM
I have talked to Mario a few times and look forward to gettng one....

AL