PDA

View Full Version : Will not measure

dedgeobo
10-06-2010, 10:29 AM
After replacing gears my machine will not measure a 5' board the board moves to its end jogs back and forth as usual moves 3" then goes back and starts again it does this repeatedly gaining speed each time the stop button will not stop it I have to shut it off with the power button anyone have a suggestions

mtylerfl
10-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Just a couple quick thoughts...

Check that your Brass Roller is not rubbing on the traction belts after the pressure rollers are lowered to the board....if that's not the problem, check that the rubber damper (looks like a short piece of rubber hose) is still under the Brass Roller Sensor (hard to see...you may have to remove the Brass Roller mounting to view under it).

Other folks may have more suggestions. You can also call CarveWright Tech Support for a walk-through of things to check...ph: 713-473-6572

EDIT: Another thing to check...your head pressure.

cnsranch
10-06-2010, 11:20 AM
I've had that happen before - the board's simply too heavy, and is tipping down at the end of the measure, freaking out the machine.

You MUST add supplemental outfeed rollers on each end with a board this size.

lynnfrwd
10-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Anything over 3' needs outfeed rollers and nothing over 20 lbs.

Digitalwoodshop
10-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Check the in-feed and out-feed roller trays for level.... The rocking back and fourth is a brass roller problem like said above....

Masking Tape.... And check and see if a belt is rolled under already.... I changed my belts the other day and I had to cut a 1/2 inch off the forward belt as it had already shifted.... I did find one screw loose under the machine that held the smooth corner post to the right of the keypad that may have caused the problem. That may have been the stuck roller problem too... The post lifting and the roller staying compressed.....

So to add to the stuck roller error... Look for a loose smooth vertical post.

AL