PDA

View Full Version : Just in time for Halloween!

TerryT
10-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Here are a few Halloween signs. These are nice patterns and are $10 each. If interested you can purchase by emailing me from my website (below). They should be available on the Carvewright Pattern Depot soon.

TerryT
10-04-2010, 09:52 PM
And a few more.

TerryT
10-12-2010, 07:56 AM
I have been making a bunch of these. Six more grandkids coming over this week to paint some for THEIR house! Thanks to Doug for the tip about the black light. I picked one up the other day and it really makes the signs look cool.

dbfletcher
10-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Here the start of my decorating. If you watch the youtube video for a little while you can see the ghosts and witch float by. I bought a surplus 120 rpm motor off of ebay a number of years back and pullyes mounted on two corners of the yard. they fly around the house at about 10ft up. The gravestones where all carved with the cw... and yes i realize they are simple compared to what many of you are doing.. but i just whipped them out one year so speed more more important than design at the time. Some are uv active. Also with UV light you have two chioces for making pop... most neon type paints are uv active (they will glow under uv light, but do not glow in the dark).... or glow paints... they will glow brighter under UV and remain glowing even after the uv light is turned off. The amount of tiem they glow can vary anywhere from a few mins to close to 12 hours depending on the paint. The monticello cemetery sign is uv active (glow paint) so it looks way better atnight under the uv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlMWT4erSqA

edit: Whoops.. i just noticed which of terrys' threads I replied to. I guess I should have picked the one in the gallery section instead of this one. My bad......

hess
10-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Fletch what are the signs made out of?

dbfletcher
10-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Fletch what are the signs made out of?

Just el-cheapo big-box pine. I used oil based "hammered" grey paint to give it a kinda faux stone-ish finish. My old ones where styrofoam and when spray painted it "ate away" at the syrofoam so it gave a real nice stone weathered look. However I never found a good way to anker them to the ground so I lost a few to wind. The montecello cemetery sign is 1/2 mdf.