PDA

View Full Version : What could the problem bee?

WRW
10-04-2010, 04:57 PM
I have had the new C machine for about a month now and have not been able to get one good carve out of it. I have a call in to Carvewright support and thought I would post here as well.
Carves are either starting in the wrong spot: ie care set to center in board starts abouth 2 inches or more off center or carve starts fine and then part way through starts carving in same 1/2 inch of space ( see attached photos).
I have gone through the head ajustment several times and I am getting between 75 and 90 for pressure when cranking down the head. Some times at the start of a carve I will get a tracking error ( and yes I use tape on the edge ). On the carves that start and go off center or carve in same spot part way through, there have been no error messages at all.

Any Thoughts Guys or Gals?

I will post final solution for those searching forum later for carving in same spot.
Thanks

liquidguitars
10-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Check the brass roller " AUX" to see if it is hitting the rubber belts!

this will cause the belts to run backwards when mesuring the inpoint..

earlyrider
10-04-2010, 06:36 PM
You've definately have a bug on the board, or a hymenopteran. Tracking problem, as LG suggests.
Ron

WRW
10-04-2010, 11:56 PM
LG I am not sure what you meant when you say AUX, as far as I can see the brass roller does not touch the belt. However to check it I load a board as close as possible to it to see if the belts bulged and hit the roller. I was not right on top of the roller just as close as I get and still see if the roller turned freely.
Ron the problem is there are not enough hymenoptera on the board. (Had to look that one up) but thanks for the laugh.

liquidguitars
10-05-2010, 12:18 AM
I ended up cutting off a 1/2" off the belt on the AUX "brass roller" side! I also do this on the sandpaper belts now right after installing them.

AUX is the name for the brass roller if I remember correctly. BTW I think Jeff B has a fix by moving the roller away from the belt he elongated the holes in the plastic holder..

cnsranch
10-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Rubber O-Ring's on correctly, right?

earlyrider
10-05-2010, 11:02 AM
If I remember correctly, the rubber belts come with a smaller (3/32 or?) O-ring (smaller x-sectional diameter) than the original.
Ron