PDA

View Full Version : Load Bit

Jossef
10-02-2010, 06:15 PM
When the machine tells me to load the bit, the head travels across and an arm comes out (sometimes) to check the bit. What causes the arm to not come out. I am always trying to clean the area to make it work. This used to be a lot of fun, but not too much lately!!

AskBud
10-02-2010, 06:32 PM
When the machine tells me to load the bit, the head travels across and an arm comes out (sometimes) to check the bit. What causes the arm to not come out. I am always trying to clean the area to make it work. This used to be a lot of fun, but not too much lately!!
If the Touch Plate is not moving correctly, something is dirty, needs adjustment, or needs lubed. You should turn off the unit and move the truck to the far side (it should move with no effort, after the power has been off for about 30 seconds). If you have to force it along, you know some of the things to check/correct. If movement is easy, but it is hard to operate the Touch Plate, the track may have a dust/dirt build-up, the TP nay need lube, or a wire may be out of place just behind the TP (toward the back of the machine).
AskBud

unitedcases
10-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Another is the part of the touch plate that the truck hits. The best thing to use is bicycle chain wax. Just a couple squirts and it dries in seconds.