PDA

View Full Version : Anchors. Either i'm doing something wrong or they are a PITA

dholzric
09-28-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm trying to place some routes on a guitar body and I'm having a real hard time getting the anchors to work right. The regions i created seem to anchor to the center line or the edge of the board or just about anywhere I don't want and I can seem to get them to change. Is there a good tutorial explaining this better than the basic manual?

I was doing everything in the 3d design package but just bought the dxf importer and aside from this issue it is working a whole lot better.

TIMCOSBY
09-29-2010, 01:20 AM
to release an attachment point i think you right click on it. post a mpc with one that you cant get to move and a bunch of us will jump on it and see for sure what works.

TIMCOSBY
09-29-2010, 01:21 AM
wooo hoo just turned senior member with a 1000 post now i bees sumbody. is there a prize????????

AskBud
09-29-2010, 07:22 AM
I'm trying to place some routes on a guitar body and I'm having a real hard time getting the anchors to work right. The regions i created seem to anchor to the center line or the edge of the board or just about anywhere I don't want and I can seem to get them to change. Is there a good tutorial explaining this better than the basic manual?

I was doing everything in the 3d design package but just bought the dxf importer and aside from this issue it is working a whole lot better.
Here are some basics on Anchors/Attachments.
In the picture, below, you see several figures. Each has an arrow pointing to the current potential anchor/attachment point.

As you move the each figure around your design, the Anchor point(s) will change to the nearest logical anchor line. This may be an edge or the center cross hairs. once you see the pointers indicating the lines you wish to anchor/attach to, click on that GREEN number and enter your measurement. The number will change to YELLOW.

You may, also, center any design by using the "Layout and Center" Icons.
AskBud

dholzric
09-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the tips. I ended up adding some guidelines and managed to get it to work.