PDA

View Full Version : Problem And at wits end

lhanner
09-27-2010, 05:46 PM
I thought I would give you the low down on my CW. On Saturday I started a project it was a simple key chain cutout .250 and only taking .100 per pass using 1/16th cutting bit. The bit broke about 1/3 way through. I changed bit in designer to 1/8th because I only had the one 1/16th bit. Anyway I Started restarted the project and during the measure on the length it stooped about 2/3 way from the end of the board, and started pulsating back and forth I let it do this about maybe 10 seconds. I then stooped the machine. I placed a new board in and it went through all the measurements. It asked for the 1/8 bit and it went through the cycle of finding depth and surface. When it started to carve the board was moving forward,and it started with the back and forth thing again. So I j replaced my sand paper rolls they need it anyway. I inserted the flash card, press 1 for the project menu, I selected my project and it dose nothing. I flashed both cards and uploaded the project and same problem. I have powered off and on many times still no help. I tried a different project, and same problem, on both cards. I removed the cable from the display and cleaned it and contacts, and nothing happens. I call LHR this morning They told me to take the left side cover off and check and re seat the cables I did that, and now all I get is gibberish on the display. That did not work. Called them back and they told me to take the bottom cover off and check the cables. I did that, and still not work. They told me I needed a new display or a new controller. I just replaced the controller about 3 months ago. Any help would be most grateful.

DocWheeler
09-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Sorry to hear about the troubles Lon.
I will assume that LHR would be your best resource here because it sure sounds like the controller to me.

Maybe All can rescue you here in a few minutes.

TerryT
09-27-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm not as expert as Al, but I agree with ken. Jibberish on the screen sounds like an onboard computer problem.

Digitalwoodshop
09-27-2010, 08:17 PM
There is another post on this machine but I did not address the rocking back and fourth in the X Direction....

I mentioned to Lon that the rocking back and fourth was the board loosing contact with the brass roller...

Head Pressure not heavy enough.

A chip of wood missing on the board near the edge so the brass roller lost contact with the board.

Masking tape might help.

A twisted or warped board.

Board popped out from under the brass roller lifting up and loosing contact from the brass roller.

A longer Sled or Carrier Board might help...

That is a start.... Hope the display problem is a loose cable....

Good Luck Buddy,

AL

lhanner
09-30-2010, 05:34 PM
I received my controller today. I installed it and did not help. I sent it back today and ordered a display. I sure hope the display will fix it.

Digitalwoodshop
09-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Good job so Far !!!!!

AL

lhanner
10-23-2010, 12:57 PM
OK after replacing z-motor, all bearings, all cables, head termination board, display. The last thing I replaced was the termination board. I powered up and selected the #7 key truck honed, cw asked me to enter the board to measure. I selected the up arrow to measure the width, and it did, I then selected the length, it gave me the Z axes stall error E06-0313, I then just shut the machine off. Got up this morning fired cw up again. loaded a board and measured the width again it did, I then selected the length and it started measuring the length, for about 1/2 way on a 17" board and I got the same z stall error. At this point the controller could be bad, or the power supply. I am going to order both. Dose anyone have an opinion? I sure would appreciate any feed back. I am going on week 8 of being down. I only have 62 hours on this machine.

liquidguitars
10-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Z errors can be a bad truck adjustment, frozen bearings or a bad FCC cable. Now that the firmware checks for more errors it also could be your table is out of cant. " high on one end"

look at or replace is the FCC cable if ya have not. I removed the FCC cable plastic housing around the base of the truck in order to get a firm contact.

lhanner
10-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Hey liquidguitars. Thanks for the info, But what do you mean "the table" could be out of cant.

JLT
10-23-2010, 08:37 PM
...I started a project it was a simple key chain cutout .250 and only taking .100 per pass using 1/16th cutting bit. The bit broke about 1/3 way through...

Good news is that once you get your machine back in order, you'll find the 1/16" cutting bit reliable. I've used the 1/16" cutting bit quite often (~100 projects of about ~5+ min each), mostly with 1/8" thick birch plywood, and have yet to break it. A number of times I've even had small cutout pieces come loose from my project and "hoola-hoop" on the bit before I can reach the Stop button. Occasionally I've used the 1/16" bit with 1/4" birch plywood, and typically make two passes of 1/8" each, and have had no issues...

Jon