PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Trade In

chebytrk
09-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Has anyone purchased a CompuCarve thru Sears and received a new machine due to problems? I've started the process and just wondering how it works and how long it will take to get a new one. Was told that Sears is no longer going to sell the CC due to too many problems so they're trying to figure out how they're going to honor my extended warranty about getting me a trade in for a new machine. Trying to see if they're going to refund my extended warranty money since it still has 4+ yrs left on it.

AskBud
09-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Has anyone purchased a CompuCarve thru Sears and received a new machine due to problems? I've started the process and just wondering how it works and how long it will take to get a new one. Was told that Sears is no longer going to sell the CC due to too many problems so they're trying to figure out how they're going to honor my extended warranty about getting me a trade in for a new machine. Trying to see if they're going to refund my extended warranty money since it still has 4+ yrs left on it.
I have had 5, count them - "5", machines replaced by Sear's. They usually write a full refund slip (includes the warranty), and you then re order a new machine. I hope they begin selling the "C" version, as their repair costs will almost be eliminated, and they will actually make some money on their 5 year warranty! You, on the other hand, may find that the best way to go is to get your next/replacement directly from LHR at present and just cash in the Sear's refund.
AskBud

chebytrk
09-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the info Bud. I believe that's what I'm going to do. I was told this morning that Sears will no longer be selling the CompuCarve and depleting what they have left. Since they're no longer replacing it, they're checking in to just refunding me my money (including the extended warranty I hope). If that happens I'll just order direct from LHR for a new one. It's like I told them, "when it's working, it's great, but when it's down, it's *&^%*&^%". Mine has been in the shop 7 times this year so far at 10-20 days each time and that's wayyyy too much. Labor rates based on their costs is already $1500+ and that's not including parts costs.... also not including my driving round trip each time to Garland, Tx to deliver or pick up. They agree so now it's just a matter of making this all happen I think. They just called me and told me that it's now fixed again and this time they replaced the wireguide, Bearing Assy, PCB Board, 2 Mtr Mounts, Spindle mount, Controller and Z truck Assy. Some of those items had been replaced before according to my receipts. So..... we'll see what happens next. I also know that the latest Tech Manager (Frank Sanchez) has offered very little info or support and I'm very unimpressed by him. I've left him messages 2 times in the last week and have yet to get any calls returned. I finally contacted Keith Trimble (another manager) and he's the person to work with. He's been very very helpful and already called me back twice today. Some people just don't understand that it's not just about the product, it's about customer service. When that's not there, then the product isn't worth a penny as far as I'm concerned. If there's not enough staff to handle customer service, then get more staff. This goes for ANY type of business. My previous job I handled multi million dollar customers (Telecom) and I know how important customer service is and what future affects it has. That's why my 200k customer was just as important as my 50+ million dollar customers. If big companies could just get that through their heads and KEEP it in their heads......

Gary Koval
09-28-2010, 02:00 PM
I also have had five machines with Sears extended warrantee. But unlike Bud everytime it went south (to Texas) it came back normally with yet another problem. Then about last Nov-Dec while trying to find out who was going to pay for my machine because it fell out of the box at UPS, and Sears had packaged it (they didn't like the original box I had it in so they used something else). I decided to talk with the manager of the store that I purchased it, he wasn't in so they gave me the manager of the tool dept., name escapes me now, but he had me bring in what was left of my machine, he ordered a new one for me and I had it about three days later. And the new one is a "B" model, and I have not had a problem since then. I was not impressed with the repair people in Texas representing Sears, but the ultimate outcome has me satisfied.
Gary