PDA

View Full Version : Need Part fro cw

lhanner
09-27-2010, 01:50 PM
I need a controller board and keypad. ASAP

Digitalwoodshop
09-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Are you sure..... That's between $400.00 and $500.00..........?

Tell us your problerms.... if your out of warranty.....

If in warranty, call LHR......

Are you sure you don't have the VERY COMMON L2 failure in the Power Supply...?

I will be in the shop from 7 PM to 11 PM Eastern if you want to call me tonight... Number is on the bottom of my web page below.

AL

lhanner
09-27-2010, 04:48 PM
I have already ordered, Although I would like to call you, I can always cancel my order.

Thank you very much. My wife is about to devoice me over this CW. I just spent 185.00 2 weeks ago. I have had this thing for 2 1/2 years and only 51 hrs on it.

Digitalwoodshop
09-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Great Phone Conversation tonight. Another Fine Veteran.

Initial problem lately was the machine locking up on the first CW Menu.... As a result of troubleshooting with LHR Lon was instructed to remove the keypad, something I have never done yet. And unplug and replug the cables. As a result, his display is Scrambled now.... So first things first... I asked him to be sure the power was off and remove and attach the keypad cables again hoping to fix the wayward keypad problem....

It could be a loose or cable not seated properly. If checking all the cables results in no fix of the keypad, and if the cable connectors are not damaged.... It is possible that the power might have been on when Lon unplugged the cables? Didn't think to ask him. That could have damaged the computer or display... Really hoping it is just a cable that is not seated properly.....

So lets back up to when the LHR Tech was talking to Lon on the phone..... The Symptom was the same for BOTH Cards.... What SCREAMS at me as to what the problem was with the locked up LCD Screen was that the TOOL TALKER might have been on..... and the machine was waiting for a reply from the tool talker..... But no tool talker was hooked up..... Off to my CW and see what happens...... I will enable the Tool Talker.... It is on the Options Menu....

AL

Digitalwoodshop
09-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Well.... I was WRONG on the Tool Talker..... I turned on my Tool Talker on the menu of user options....the last item.... It did not make a difference... So it is NOT the Tool Talker... Good to know.....

So new Game Plan.... First get all the cables working on the keypad and get a good display.... Again hoping for a loose cable....

I would then reformat both cards and load the latest designer back on the cards, both of them. Load a project on each card that has carved in the past. Remember the post today about a .499 thick board not letting the project carve.... It wanted a .5 or thicker...

So be sure the project is not the problem, load a known working project.

With each card plug it into the machine and look at the user options on each card.... I only know this as I have 4 cards and the other day I set the Jog to Position on one card and loaded a project on a different card. Expecting the machine to ask to jog to position with the second card but it did NOT.... So each card must have the user options set... I will confirm this too later.

As for the package on the way from LHR..... With a Keypad and Computer..... I would not open it.... Wait.... Not sure of the return policy if opened....

I am thinking that a better option would be to remove the Power Supply, Computer, and Keypad and send all of them to LHR to be tested.... That is a lot of money to spend on guessing.... LHR may not be too enthusiastic about this idea.....

GOOOOOOOOD Luck Buddy !!!!!

AL

I am Jazzed my brother was back to work after 29 months.... :) Working for the VA...