PDA

View Full Version : my version of Z Axis stall 313

JDPratt
09-27-2010, 01:24 PM
I got this dreaded error message today with little time to spare on a project. Went to my second machine and got the same message. Over, and Over, and Over again after trying several different "fixes". I even tried the advice of flipping the flex shaft around (which IMHO is the #$%^ advice ever. Same as unplug the machine and plug it back in). The machine worked on some samples of other past projects, but would not work on this one particular project. After 15 different "fixes" I taped the project board to another board to increase thickness (hey, it is worth a try, occasionally I look in the fridge when I lose my keys too) apparently that was the problem and the project is carving at this time. I then checked a sample of the same lumber (yelowheart) and found that it was coming in at .4997 inches thickness, instead of the .5 I told the machine. I don't know why this error message fits this problem, but for others that have the same problem, take this for what it's worth. Maybe this fix will work for you too. Happy carving.

Smoken D
09-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Oh Pooh! Another off the wall ta store in the brain. Don't we have fun with this machine? Glad at least ya figured it out, or just got the problem solved!