PDA

View Full Version : Carving not smooth help

jbroussel
09-25-2010, 09:10 PM
When using carving bit lately and doing flat carvings the carving is rough like its cutting deeper and shallower its like small hills any ideas whats causing this:confused:

AskBud
09-25-2010, 09:14 PM
When using carving bit lately and doing flat carvings the carving is rough like its cutting deeper and shallower its like small hills any ideas whats causing this:confused:
If you attach the MPC, people may be able to eliminate that as a possible cause.

What chuck are you using?
Is the a new machine or did you get it used?
AskBud

jbroussel
09-25-2010, 09:26 PM
It has done it on multiple mpcs the latest one is the clock in the project section the clock with the all the cuttings and also on the duck shelf the first duck shelf was smooth but the last one is rough

jbroussel
09-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Sorry i havr the carve tight i have done other carvings on it no problem just lately its acting up

www.carvenow.com
09-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Check to see if the ztruck is still tight against the rail or any loose bit.

jbroussel
09-26-2010, 09:44 AM
ztruck is tight, i have tried my old bit an a new bit both do the same thing , in the carve regions....I just updated my software to the latest ver and the flash will do a small project today an see but i doubt its the software but i want to rule things out...........

jbroussel
09-26-2010, 11:27 AM
ok may of found something the motor behind the ztruck is loose it feels like a bearing issue is that possible i have not took the cover off yet i checked the screw to the left to of it but thats tight. i can shake the motor a little when i do i notice that depending on the poistion the ztruck is not smooth going up an down,

Digitalwoodshop
09-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Looks like you found it.... Screws to watch are the ones holding the motor to the machine and the 2 screws inside the gear box holding the gear box to the motor. You can adjust the meshing of the gears with the slotted holes.

AL

jbroussel
09-26-2010, 03:22 PM
ok fixed the problem with the motor after i replaced the motor now when I insert a bit and it travels to the right where that depth thing that pops out to check bit depth it does not go allthe way against to pop it out is thier a calibration or something else i need to do

Digitalwoodshop
09-26-2010, 03:52 PM
When you put the top cover back on and plugged in the right side cover switch wires to the cut motor, you failed to push the wires back into the sweet spot in the corner.

What has happened is the Z Motor cooling fins are hitting the wires preventing the truck from reaching the bit flag....

That problem is a right of passage for each carve member.... We all do it.... We all learn....

AL

jbroussel
09-26-2010, 04:08 PM
ok got thaT now im getting error 303 z axies stall i am using a 90 degree v bit it starts the cut then sinks intothe wood

jbroussel
09-26-2010, 04:32 PM
ok tried something else still getting the z stall but i also gettting a slippied z belt when it is doing the bit flag i checked the belt it looks ok but not sure what i should be looking for seems to be true fix one problem an many more more accure