PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Celtic design creators

Azbear
09-25-2010, 09:34 AM
I have many ideas for Celtic designs and am trying to draw them without success. I'm looking for someone who is really skilled at this that I can work with to get and keep my ideas going.

Any takers?

Pratyeka
09-26-2010, 04:04 PM
How much are you willing to pay for a good quality pattern created by a skilled artist?
Maybe you could post a picture of what you are looking for and select from what people come-up with, bit like a contest.
I have the tools to create Celtic knots and weaves, but it takes time to draw the vector paths.

jpaluck
09-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Funny you recently put this up..I have been making a bunch of celtic patterns...they are tough to draw..anyways I was thinking of selling all of them as a group for like $30.00..20 patterns for $30.00.

If you want them let me know. I havent put them on my site yet but I will get them up if you want them.

Azbear
09-28-2010, 06:39 AM
Funny you recently put this up..I have been making a bunch of celtic patterns...they are tough to draw..anyways I was thinking of selling all of them as a group for like $30.00..20 patterns for $30.00.

If you want them let me know. I havent put them on my site yet but I will get them up if you want them.

http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon10.pngJust looked over your site. Lot's of nice stuff. Did not see any free stuff Celtic knot hearts I could possibly use. (hinting here) Not sure what I would pay. I'll have to talk with the banker and think about it. I did not see what you charge for "exclusive" designs on your site. Maybe I just missed it. I've been asked a lot lately for Celtic symbol carvings.

Frederick_P
09-28-2010, 09:06 AM

Hey, I think that 30 bucks for a group of 20 patterns is more than fair. Let me know when you have them posted.

jpaluck
09-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Posted my celtic collection for whoever wants them..priced them at $30.00 for 20 ptn's also included a heart here for the original poster.

http://carvemore.com/store/celtic.html link to the pattern collection.

TerryT
09-28-2010, 06:06 PM
John,
For a buck fifty each, those are great!

Frederick_P
09-28-2010, 06:14 PM
John, I just ordered them. They look great and I will post photos of the completed kitchen with your patterns as soon as it is done. Keep up the great work!

jpaluck
09-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys

It was more work uploading and putting on the website than making the patterns..the part I hate uploading when I have like 20+ patterns to add..pain in the A**

Old Salt
09-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Your Patterns are always great !

Azbear
09-28-2010, 11:05 PM
So back to one of my questions about "exclusive pattern pricing". It's been a very long day and I'm not finding anything written on it.

What is a going rate these days?

jpaluck
09-28-2010, 11:59 PM
As far as pricing for custom patterns it vary's..all depends on how complicated and how long the pattern will take to make. I don't do it for a living just pure hobby so I don't really have an hourly rate. Just send me a picture of what you want and I will give you a price and I will let you know if I can meet your time frame

Pratyeka
09-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Would this be the kind of design you are looking for?

mostlycold
09-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Before you do anything else go to

www.clanbadge.com (http://www.clanbadge.com)

I think you'll find (like I did) there is an easy automated way to make these designs anyway you want them.

DocWheeler
09-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Which font is best for the CC? The "Filled" or the "3D"?

mostlycold
09-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Doc,

I liked the 3D but, like everything else, it kind of a personal choice. I bought the master package and have all of them, just not enough time to test them all.......

Dan

jpaluck
09-30-2010, 07:38 PM
I finaly got around to modelling an actual plate and decorated with some celtic patterns.it will be double sided carve..I have been making a lot of these celtic patterns lately. probably gonna put another 20 patterns together again soon and sell as a group again.

side note..not sure if I like the carvewright material for rendering..it doesnt realy show the depth etc..what do you guys think?

jpaluck
09-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Dan

I picked the program you suggested...can't go wrong for 20 bucks..now if I only had a way to save the text out as vectors..line vectors..it would be seriously fast to model in 3d..or 2d .I played around with the fonts in centerline..the order is raster outline then centerline and the larger one was from xara then to vextor magic then ai2mpc..it would make a nice 2d pattern but needs to be cleaned up in designer

mostlycold
10-01-2010, 08:21 PM
John,

When you're done with a design in Word, you can make a dingbat out of it which gives you some more design options. But, for the price, it was quite a find - nice folks that run the company and very helpful as well.

Dan

Capt Bruce
10-01-2010, 11:07 PM
For what it's worth this project was both designed and executed with the Celtic Knots Inverted font using Centerline in the CW Designer and using a 60 degree V bit. No outside software required.

henry1
10-02-2010, 08:51 AM
were did you get the fonts if you don't mind me asking thx

bjbethke
10-02-2010, 01:49 PM
were did you get the fonts if you don't mind me asking thx
Here is a good WEB site. This also shows how to use the fonts.

http://www.clanbadge.com/knots.htm