PDA

View Full Version : won't start carving

bradmac
09-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Haven't used my machine for a long time, work taking most of my time but tried using it a couple days ago. Took many trys to finally get it to carve. Kept giving me the board removal message even though the board was 10" longer than pattern. It would get me to the load bit message and I would load the bit, hit enter and the machine would do the bit check on both sides of machine, come back to home position then the board moves to the left until it is not in position for the bit to find surface. So I started over many times and finally carved. Tried again tonight and no go. Same problem, do get board sensor message at times and check traction roller message but always get the warning about possible board removal and continues to move to the left so far that the bit can't find the board surface. Any ideas appreciated. Bradmac

Digitalwoodshop
09-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Sounds like a good cleaning and lubrication is in order first.....

Board Removal can be caused by a roller sticking, use the options and sensor data to check the switches.

Board Detector... Use Options and Sensor data and with white copy paper under the head and cranked down you should get about a 156. Get a 90 and you have LED problems or dust inside the lens.

Be sure to check out Tips and Tricks for great info...

AL