PDA

View Full Version : how do you manuever the pattern & words?

Loriblackdog
09-22-2010, 01:55 PM
I am a brand new person to own a cartwright and I am looking forward to making many things. How ever I thought I would do the project designs that walk us through the pattern. On the 2nd one Live,Love Laugh I did find until the word went on then I couldn't get it to size right or move it? I need to know what I might be doing wrong? I know I am new at this but I just got lost. Would appreciate any help

lynnfrwd
09-22-2010, 03:12 PM
It sounds as if you may have put a constraint on something. Without knowing exactly where you are in the design steps or seeing your project, I'm only guessing, but see if this information helps. There are a couple of ways to apply a constraint:

Example 1: To center an element (such as a pattern, shape, word...whatever the element is) with in the software, you can right click on that element and select "center". It will stay centered and you cannot move it until you have "turned that constraint off". To do this, you repeat the same action. Right click on element; select center (notice the very pale blue background? this indicates that a constraint is applied to that element). Select center again, turns that constraint off.

Example 2: Any element on the project board has a green arrow from it to the edge of the board and there is a green number at the end. This may be to the edge of the board or centerlines of the board. Constraints can be applied to hold that item at a specified distance from either the edge or the center. These are called attachments. When attachements or constraints are applied the GREEN number changes to a YELLOW number signifying that it is an active constraint. It is easy for someone to accidentally click on a green number and then when they get off of it they have accidentally applied a constraint. Look for yellow numbers. To remove the attachment (or constraint) right click on the YELLOW number and select REMOVE ATTACHMENT. The number should change back to GREEN.

lynnfrwd
09-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Issue resolved; see resolution at http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?16432-Help-in-sizing