PDA

View Full Version : Cut Motor

Jossef
09-19-2010, 03:25 PM
I tried to rout a piece today. First I got a an 885 error but when I retried all was good. Then I started to rout the piece and as the bit that was spinning headed for the edge to rout it it cut as grove across the face of the piece. It started routing but quit after about half of on side was done. I then saw a message that said Check Cut Motor. I started it again and the bit dropped down to rout but the piece did not move. Any ideas???

Thanks

henry1
09-19-2010, 03:35 PM
here , go to this posting might help
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?7547-Check-Cut-Motor.&highlight=motor

wgrecco
09-20-2010, 03:22 AM
Is it me or does it seem that this CUT MOTOR issue is getting more frequent? I just got this error message the other day while making the WANTED MORE GRANDKIDS sign that was featured in August POM. I only have about 20 hrs on my machine IF THAT. I tried to restart it twice and it finally went. I havent had another chance to try another carve yet but I am a little concerned.....

Digitalwoodshop
09-20-2010, 10:40 AM
As thousands of machines age, brushes wear down, sawdust gets sucked into the cut motor, wire connections come loose on the cut motor, and cover switches vibrate loose.... Yes you will see more cut motor posts....

There is a Check Cut Motor fault that shows up at the start of a carve or cut in the first 30 seconds... It is a quirk and just hitting enter and off you go.... Other than that... Details please.... We can help.

Remember 250 cut motor hours and you need to change the brushes....

AL