PDA

View Full Version : Can I use my own bits?

carvewright
12-12-2006, 12:01 PM
The machine has a standard library of approved bits that it can draw from. We strongly recommend that CarveWright brand bits be used for best quality results because of the significant dimensional variation from manufacturer to manufacturer. User supplied decorative bits can be used if they are identical in design to the approved bits. All CarveWright brand bits are plunge-able, which is not the case for the majority of existing decorative bits. Please check the website for the catalog of approved bits.

howsharbell
01-19-2007, 05:53 PM
can I purchase the compucarve bits through Sears? i can't find them online.

Shari

pkunk
01-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Not at this time. Call Carvewright to order. 713-473-6572

ChipperBob
02-18-2007, 07:54 PM
I would like to purchase the full set of bits, part # CW0024.

How many, and which bits make up the set, the photo is unclear. Do some have a 1/2" shank that would require the BA1/2 Bit Adapter (1/2" Shank), or they all 1/4" shank?

swhitney
02-18-2007, 09:26 PM
The kit contains the 11 bits in yellow (see price list) including bit adapters and a box. mine has been on backorder for almost 3 weeks, as some of the bits are still difficult for them to get ample supplies.

A nice thing for the price list would be able to click on CW0024 and have it take you to a page which either pictures the contents, or better yet also lists what is included.... HEY CW WEBPAGE FOLKS... READ THIS!!!!