PDA

View Full Version : I would like to make a scroll pattern from scratch.

goglenn
09-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Imagin a spoon. It has a scoop part and a handle. Now tie the handle in a knot and add another scoop to the end so the dome side is showing.

Is their a person that can teach me how to make a filagree like the ones that come with the carvewright ? I don't want to buy anymore patterns. I would like to create my own.

Pratyeka
09-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Ideally, you need a 3D editor to create 3D models and then export those in STL format if you have the STL importer. Or you convert the 3D model into a greyscale depthmap and import that into pattern designer. If you are not already familiar with 3D editing, it's a long and steep learning curve, and I'm not even talking about the talent involved...

Digitalwoodshop
09-20-2010, 03:49 PM
There should be a "EASY BUTTON" for the CW and the Artwork like at Office Depot...

AL

www.carvenow.com
09-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Just like Pratyeka said, You need an expensive 3d software and an extensive learning curve and so on. Some pattern took me days and days to complete.

Capt Bruce
09-20-2010, 07:20 PM
There should be a "EASY BUTTON" for the CW and the Artwork like at Office Depot...

AL

And when that "EASY BUTTON" accessory is offered Al, I'll be one of the first on-line to order it!

earlyrider
09-20-2010, 10:35 PM
The Pattern Depot is my easy button for now.
Ron