PDA

View Full Version : head gets high on one side only

dataman001
09-17-2010, 04:09 PM
When I first received this machine the top to bottom head alignment was all screwed up and I found out that both sides had loose lead screw nuts. Now they are tight.

From job to job I crank the unit down until it clicks a few times as usual. But later I find the side opposite the crank and console is higher than the front or closer side.
Obviously something is still not right. I did review the "Leveling the Head" but could not find what could cause this.
When you lower the unit what actually slips causing the clicking?
I am kind of lost diagnosing this.

gumbo
09-17-2010, 06:03 PM
The clicking is basicly just a clutch. I had this same problem and I followed the instructions on leveling the head and it went fine. Not too sure where I put them or how to find them But I am sure if you do a search you can find them as well

Digitalwoodshop
09-17-2010, 07:23 PM
The Cross Gear Assembly is two 45 degree Gears. They are held by simple screws.... They can come loose and cause when you are cranking the keypad side to move but the other side to not move or move in one direction only leading to a un level head.

You may need to fashion a metal bracket to install in the plastic U shaped area to give better control or better holding of the shaft. I wonder if the "C" Version has improved this area....

AL

dataman001
09-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Al thanks so much for all the illustrations you provide! I will watch the coupling gears as I crank it and see if something is messed up.

Gumbo, I found the instructions!