PDA

View Full Version : Machine does not start up

Jcpb321
09-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Don't know what happened, turned machine on yesterday to do a project and everything looked fine but due to time left I thought I would do it today and turned machine off.

fired it up today and display did lit up but with bars on it and did not go to project screen. looks like something major but don't know where to start looking, any advice?

Digitalwoodshop
09-14-2010, 09:53 PM
If you turn on the machine and get black squares, that is a sign of the Memory Card is NOT Plugged In....

OR a bad Computer.....

AL

Jcpb321
09-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Al,
the black squares are what I have, might be computer since I did leave the memory card in the machine the day before, I did turn the machine off and pulled the card then put it back in and after restarting got the same thing!

how much is this gonna cost me and is it replaceable?

kool69sporty
09-15-2010, 07:45 AM
just an thought, might try removing bottom metal cover & check that card rails are clear of dust up to computer so that card seats properly.

Digitalwoodshop
09-15-2010, 08:11 AM
Look close at the computer... You might have a bent pin... There are exposed male pins on the computer side and it is possible to get a chip of wood in the pins and prevent the card from going all the way in....

Another thought is to check the card in your card reader.... They have been known to go bad...

I would reformat the card and upload the latest 1.171.

The operating system is located on the card so a bad card and you have a brain dead machine...

Computer is about $300.00.....

If the card trick fails then I would remove the power supply, computer and memory card and send them to LHR to test... It could be the power supply too....

Good Luck,

AL

www.carvenow.com
09-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Have you try to adjust the contrast button? It happened to me sometime for some reason the two line on lcd going solid black but if I turned the contract button and it show the text.
HT

Jcpb321
09-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Carvenow, I just attempted to change the contrast, it will show red blocks on top and then black blocks under so I guess that is not the problem.

Al, I have the card in the reader and have 1.71 installed / updated, I am able to read the contents of the card so I guess that is not the problem either. If it was the power supply would the display light up at all?

Anyone need a boat anchor?

Jcpb321
09-21-2010, 05:35 PM
I took the bottom cover off today to check for anything loose.

while on the side I plugged the machine in an bingo it worked but I didn't know why.

So without putting the cover back on I sat it back up upright and nothing, what the h... back on the side and looked again then i found the problem.

the power wire to the switch was completly off, yes it had glue on it to hold it on bbut when I tried to slide it back on the glue was keeping it from going on all the way.

scrapped the glue off put the connector back together the hot melt glue to make sure it stayed, all back together and working!

My guess is that there was just enough current to light the display but not enough to do anything else!

TerryT
09-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Congratulations!
Glad you finally got it sorted out. Good Work. And... thanks for the update. Often problems get solved and we never hear about them.