PDA

View Full Version : Cut Motor Magnet WEAK??

kool69sporty
09-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Hello all, I'm fairly new to the Forum. Recently bot a used non-working CW and just got all the parts and today I made my first test carve & test scan. Very good feeling! Now my issue, my CW is an older AE series and 1 of the repairs was to install the new sleeve for the cut motor magnet. But when doing my 1st carve today I go the "Check Cut Motor" message. After proceeding with the carve, I ran the Sensor Test and found there was no count when turning the shaft. Removed the sensor card and got a good count with a spare magnet. Anyone know what is wrong or can you lead me the way to further investigation.
Thnx guys. Joe

Digitalwoodshop
09-14-2010, 07:16 PM
You could try turning the magnet around so the polarity is reversed. You could have a faulty board..... Turning the shaft should result in counting 0000 0001 0002 0003... could have a weak magnet too.....

But the Check Cut Motor just after you start a project is a "Quirk" of the machine.... Especially if you have a V60 or 90 text. Most of us have it.... I believe it is a Quirk in the Uploading of the project, a motor speed window is too small and if the motor is going too fast it faults out. 2 sided project, same text.... Only does it the first side....

AL

kool69sporty
09-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Thanks AL, never would have thought about magnetic polarity, but that was the culpruit. After flipping the magnet, Sensor Check gives good counts; same test carve as before ran without interruption. U R mighty good friend of CW owners.
Thnx again, Joe

Digitalwoodshop
09-15-2010, 08:05 AM
50% chance of being right...... LOL.....

Good Job !!!!

AL