PDA

View Full Version : baseball carving failed help

goglenn
09-12-2010, 07:38 PM
I can make a baseball with the stitching pattern. That was simple. I would like to make the base ball look curved and have the stitching carved into the baseball. I used a drawing program to make the baseball. I shaded the image dark around the outer edges. I imported the image into carvewright. I then inverted the image and I thought it looked pretty good. When the machine was through carving I got a baseball CONE shape. How does one get the edges to curve to look more like a ball? or bowl?

AskBud
09-12-2010, 08:21 PM
I can make a baseball with the stitching pattern. That was simple. I would like to make the base ball look curved and have the stitching carved into the baseball. I used a drawing program to make the baseball. I shaded the image dark around the outer edges. I imported the image into carvewright. I then inverted the image and I thought it looked pretty good. When the machine was through carving I got a baseball CONE shape. How does one get the edges to curve to look more like a ball? or bowl?
Go to this link and download the "ball.ptn", and place it under your drawing of your ball.
AskBud
http://forum.carvewright.com/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=2046