PDA

View Full Version : A gift that I would like to share.....

lpj1019
09-12-2010, 01:05 PM
I recently had my first experience cutting a board that had to much moisture in it.....I don't know why I never took this into consideration, but OMG what a fricking mess it made. The project had a four hour cut time, so like most of my projects once the machine is on, I walk away from it and keep a open ear listening to the CW doing its thing.

Well a long story short, when I returned to check on the machines progress after about two hours I was shocked to find that the wet/moist dust was stuck to everything.....and I mean everything, so I had to stop the project and kept vacuuming it out til it was completed.

During one of the breaks to clean the machine, my father called me to see what I was up to and I explained to him what I had done and the mess that I had.....and he told me that he had just bought himself something, but it sounded like I needed it more than him so he was on his way.

My Dad gifted a Shop-Vac 1-1/4 Micro Cleaning Kit.....and what a great gift it was, the attachments linked together made a great tight quarter cleaning tool, the soft brush attachements work great for cleaning the upper tracks.....just a great gift.....and for $12, I wanted to share this with you guys.

http://www.shopvac.com/shopvac-accessories/Products/1-14-Micro-Cleaning-Kit__801-89-00.aspx

Today I went out and purchased a dust collector from Harbor Freight.....I'm getting ready to pimp out my CW with a nice custom stand with build in dust collector.....I've learned my lesson.....and a special thanks to "AskBud".....you have been a great help to me and I want you to know that I appreciate it.

Hope my story can help just one person.....best wishes to all!

Paul

lpj1019
09-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Sorry.....posted in wrong area

mtylerfl
09-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Great posting, Paul. I've got to get one of those kits. I recall Paul Kunkle (pkunk) suggested getting one of those a couple years ago, and I had forgotten all about it. I think he said they are available at Wal-Mart?...I'll have to check. Thanks for the reminder!

TIMCOSBY
09-13-2010, 12:18 AM
i carve all the time straight off the sawmill. cant get much wetter than that. doesnt seem to bother my machine.

Gary Koval
09-13-2010, 08:30 AM
I also have that kit and I added a piece of clear plastic hose 4-6" long, big enough around to fit over the cone shaped piece, that way there is a little more flexiblity getting into the tight spots. I use it on my shop vac but not for long, as the motor does start to heat up faster as it is drawing from a smaller area. Just a thought...
Gary