PDA

View Full Version : DXF Capabilities

WorkedWood
09-04-2010, 12:36 PM
I have a question for anyone who owns this add-on. Can you import and combine multiple DXF designs to configure a group/nested board? The tutorials show importing and moving multiple pieces (General Store), but they look like they are imported at the same time, then repositioned.

DJKnutsen
12-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Responding to a really old question... I'd like to add my own... I'm very interested in making geared things (clocks, toys..etc..) and does an imported DXF file maintain the correct size of pattern, or do you need some way of measuring and adjusting after you convert it for the MPC... I've watched KL Richards GREAT videos, but am still a bit hesitent to spend $200 for yet another add-on that may not advance my plan. I could end up making more sawdust than fun gifts, which is my end goal!

bergerud
12-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Post a sample DXF and I will convert it for you and post an mpc. You can see for yourself if it does what you want. I think it will. The size thing might depend on the exporting software.

dbfletcher
12-16-2013, 12:39 PM
If you can convert your dxf to Adobe Illustrator ver 8.0 or less, you can use the free ai2mpc program that can be found on this site. But to answer you question, I have not noticed the dxf importer changing the size of anything I have imported (without my knowledge anyways).