PDA

View Full Version : Possibly for sale

natman
09-04-2010, 12:05 PM
I have a compucarve that I would possibly sale if someone is willing to pick it up or lives nearby in the southwestern part of Virginia. The machine has around 120 hours on it and currently needs a motherboard that runs around 200 to 250 dollars. I have not used this machine for about a year now. It has the reader and card as well the bit removal tool and carving and straight bit. What would be a reasonable price for this machine?

Digitalwoodshop
09-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Sorry to say the value of the machine is less than $400.00.... The computer is $300.00 last I looked and something caused it to go bad... So other components could be needed....

I bought my last 3 machines for closer to $500.00 all broken. And since there are more machines offered here the value has dropped, especially broken....

Then on the bright side.... It could be something simple..... My last machine just needed a new FSC Cable... the user had installed it too short on one end and when the head went to the bit flag it pulled the cable tight.... After a few days snapping some wires inside the cable....

I would like to hear more about the machine.... Fixing it could increase the value.... I am willing to help.

Then there are a bunch of guys like me who are very good at fixing the machines only due to all the troubleshooting we had to do on our own machines that may want it for a parts machine..... I would love to have it if I had the extra money.

Let me know... You can always call me.... My number is on the bottom of my web page.

Good Luck,

AL

natman
09-18-2010, 11:09 AM
I have decided to sell it for $350.00. If anyone is interested then let me know. PM me and I will give you my number to call and see if we can make arrangements.

al2888dj
09-18-2010, 11:31 PM
what part of virginia u in?

natman
09-19-2010, 11:23 AM
I am in giles county in the southwest portion of virginia. I'm about 25 minutes from Virginia Tech.