PDA

View Full Version : possible x overload

myshop1044
09-01-2010, 08:16 PM
I have just gotten an" Possible x overload" during a 14 min carving using the text and a small outline using a 60 deg bit. I hit enter to contuine and it finish completely.
Not sure what is the problem. This has happen twice today.

Any help would be great

Myshop

Digitalwoodshop
09-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Right side guide hitting......?

myshop1044
09-01-2010, 10:05 PM
I checked that and the guide was not touching the sled,still not sure. One thing I did was to replace the left sand paper belt with a new one because it was riding over the guide near the control panel side and the new one seems to be doing the same thing. It is creeping over to the control panel side.I'm not sure if that could cause this error, but I wll reset the rear sandpaper belt again tomorrow.
thanks for the info

Myshop

Digitalwoodshop
09-02-2010, 10:51 AM
You can cut the belt and rip a strip off the belt at the brass roller edge. That way you can watch it for creep.

I do it all the time.

AL

mtylerfl
09-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Might check the head for level and check your head pressure as well. (Too much pressure can overload the x drive and too high/too low pressure can cause belt drift, too - especially if head is not level.)

AskBud
09-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Might check the head for level and check your head pressure as well. (Too much pressure can overload the x drive and too high/too low pressure can cause belt drift, too - especially if head is not level.)
The sliding plate (part # 27) being too tight against the wood, will also bind the machine and possibly cause the same situation.
AskBud

mtylerfl
09-02-2010, 11:56 AM
The sliding plate (part # 27) being too tight against the wood, will also bind the machine and possibly cause the same situation.
AskBud

Yes, AL mentioned the guide in post #2 above, but good to reiterate. Other things to check as well, if the basics we already mentioned don't solve the problem. The following link might be helpful...

ISSUE 27 January – February 2010 – Maintaining Accurate Board Tracking (http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/tips/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Jan_Feb10.pdf)

myshop1044
09-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks fellows for the comments, I took the belts, front and back down, cleaned them out from the dust , reset the back belt.
I also did the paper strip test and I had good tension. I even the paper test in three places along the rollers and it was ok.
After giving it a good cleaning, I tried another carving and no problems occured, but like told Al, if the belt starts to creep it's strip and rip time.

Thanks again fellows

Myshop

Digitalwoodshop
09-02-2010, 01:13 PM
I am just lazy now... I should replace the belt but I have been running one machine 12 hours a day for a week now and rip it every other day. I am making stuff for a weekend show and some signs. Bought the Deer9 and some other deer yesterday and I am going to cut them next.

I am thinking of making some book / CD Ends with the Deer and Bear.

AL