PDA

View Full Version : what is the lil green board on the bottem of the machine

msseaduty
09-01-2010, 06:55 PM
I have been having many problems with my machine , y stall, z stall, clear rails, tracking , carve 95 % of the project and then just gouge teh wood ( 3.5 hr carve ) and i,m sure i forgot a few . i talked to carvewright people and they said reformat the card , upload the new version , clean machine again , check all connections , i have done all of that , but while cleaning the machine the lil green card on the bottom has a brown " thingabob" i said that because i dont know what it is , but how ever it has 2 prongs on it and one of them is broke , i,m a jet engine mech not no electrician , i know it should not be broke now i am wondering if i broke that during the cleaning , or did it break while the machine was running and is that what is causing all of the problems , thanks for your input .

forqnc
09-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Sounds like the capacitor on the power board has broke. Search the forum, Al has posted on this problem several times.
Let me see if I can find a link.

Look at post #3 in this thread and see if this helps

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?15052-Stopped-mid-project&highlight=capacitor

Digitalwoodshop
09-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Yes, that is the C1 Capacitor for the Start Circuit for the Cut Motor. Careful as with it broke, I had my Cut Motor start just by opening and closing the clear cover a few times.

As for the board gouge, if you have a 14 pin FSC Cable then look for a cracked wire in the cable or a dirty Z Encoder.

The old 18 pin FSC cable had gouge problems.

Still have problems let me know. You can call me too, my number is on the bottom of my web page.

AL