PDA

View Full Version : upgrade question

bayea
09-01-2010, 04:04 PM
I have a older carvewrite machine. SN #AD.009.xxx
havent used the machine for two years now mostly because its a pain in the arse dealing with all the QC problems.
so my question is do i only need the CarveTight Spindle system and bits or is there more i need to upgrade.
thanks.

Digitalwoodshop
09-01-2010, 06:14 PM
If you have the old 18 pin Z FSC Cable then you want to ask for the Z Bundle upgrade for the 14 pin FSC Cable. You should order a new board sensor as the old one is not glued and most likely has dust inside or a LED broken off...

If you are nearing 250 Cut Motor hours you should order a set of cut motor brushes too... Change when near 250 Cut Motor Hours. The Y Gear Box bearings are recommended to be replaced (by ME) at 500 Cut Motor Hours too....

Make sure you have Chain Lube with Molly.

Spend some time reading tips and tricks to understand the 7 inch rule of wood...., Scaling, Board Under Rollers. This will prevent needless Pilot Errors.

Masking tape on the board edge where the brass roller contacts the board make for sort of a Rack and Pinion between the board and brass roller. The Brass Roller is the feedback to the computer of board movement in Length and if the board looses contact with the brass roller the board keeps on moving until it makes contact again and results in a gap of un cut area or a broken $40.00 bit.

Upgrade to the latest software... If you do the Z Bundle Upgrade the machine will start up in "Scan Area" and you will need to follow the instruction to select Cover for the Probe Data.

Picture calls it a 16 pin... It's 18.

Good Luck,