PDA

View Full Version : designing a frame

Milanth
08-31-2010, 11:20 AM
I am trying to make a picture frame. I d/l the pdf here that has all the instructions. When I make the vertical side it won't let me Select Suface on the side. I have started new several times. I tried doing the Select Surface on the side first then it won't let me use it on the top piece. I am at a loss here. HELP! if can pretty please :)

AskBud
09-01-2010, 07:40 AM
I am trying to make a picture frame. I d/l the pdf here that has all the instructions. When I make the vertical side it won't let me Select Suface on the side. I have started new several times. I tried doing the Select Surface on the side first then it won't let me use it on the top piece. I am at a loss here. HELP! if can pretty please :)
Give us the URL of the PDf, so we know what you are trying to use.
AskBud

Milanth
09-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Here is the url.

http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/downloads/tips/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Feb09.pdf

AskBud
09-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Here is the url.

http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/downloads/tips/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Feb09.pdf
Now, attach your MPC.
AskBud

Milanth
09-01-2010, 08:14 AM
I have a problem on my computer.. I can't access the folder. will have to make a call at 9 am then get back on here.. sorry...

AskBud
09-01-2010, 08:19 AM
I have a problem on my computer.. I can't access the folder. will have to make a call at 9 am then get back on here.. sorry...
If you have not done attachments since July 9th, I have a lesson in my "Download" section on the revised method, which is now in place(dated 7/9/2010).
AskBud

Milanth
09-01-2010, 05:32 PM
sorry it took all day but I finally have the folder fixed and moved so I can access it. I finally had to take it to the guy who built it! You know how computers can be. Here is the mpc38359

AskBud
09-01-2010, 06:14 PM
sorry it took all day but I finally have the folder fixed and moved so I can access it. I finally had to take it to the guy who built it! You know how computers can be. Here is the mpc38359
Your problem, at present, is that the side is not a "Closed" figure. Therefore, you do not get the Carve Region option.
Highlight the side figure, and then click VIEW > TOGGLE NON_ENDPOINTS.
You will see the red dot where the two points do not quite touch. As soon as you slightly move the dot, it will GLOW. That means you have closed the figure. Then there will be no red dots. You may then apply the carve area.
AskBud

Milanth
09-02-2010, 06:59 AM
Thanks! I sure thought I had it closed but I guess I didn't! I am sure glad we have the experts like you! :)

ktjwilliams
02-28-2011, 07:31 PM
That same thing happened to me... I used a grid and then snap to grid and them it all worked... I'm new at this too and it was drivin me crazy.. LOL... I deleted all and started over doin the above,,, and it worked... Don't know for sure if that was what fixed it,, But it worked... Finally I was able to give an answer ( Maybe ) rather then askin questions.... Ya Hoo !!

mtylerfl
02-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks! I sure thought I had it closed but I guess I didn't! I am sure glad we have the experts like you! :)

Don't forget the easiest way to tell if your lines are not connected is to select your figure (line drawing) go to the View menu and click on "Toggle Non-End Points". Like "magic" the nodes that aren't connected are visible. Super quick...super easy. Then all you have to do is drag a node to the other to connect them.