PDA

View Full Version : Removing QC adaptor

cgaby
08-30-2010, 01:48 PM
I just purchase and installed the new CT spindle and overall I am very pleased. I have a completed set of decorative bits and I understand that the old QC adapter needs to be removed. I followed the instructions in the Tips&Tricks. Using heat allowed me to easily to remove the set screws. I have done this on all my bits, but I cannot get the adapter off the bits, even with the set screws removed. Is there a trick to this

Cecil

Digitalwoodshop
08-30-2010, 02:02 PM
I use a deep well socket and put the bit into the 3/8 square hole and heat the old bit holder. I use a punch to then tap the bit into the socket.

AL

AskBud
08-30-2010, 02:05 PM
I just purchase and installed the new CT spindle and overall I am very pleased. I have a completed set of decorative bits and I understand that the old QC adapter needs to be removed. I followed the instructions in the Tips&Tricks. Using heat allowed me to easily to remove the set screws. I have done this on all my bits, but I cannot get the adapter off the bits, even with the set screws removed. Is there a trick to this

CecilThe 1/4 inch shanks are held by the set screws, and the lock tight sometimes flows into the adapter. Heat again and gently twist the bit and pull/push out.
The 1/2 inch bits are held in place by the nut, not the screws. Just loosen the nut.
AskBud