PDA

View Full Version : Lubes.....Lubes.....and more Lubes

lpj1019
08-28-2010, 01:20 PM
I've reached the point to where my CW needs it's first full clean and lube. I have searched the forums and found some threads......after reading it seems that everyone has their own preferences.....I see everyone mostly uses the Liquid Wrench w/ Moly Oil in it for the shaft, which I actually already have.

I read on CW recommends to use White Grease on the corner post and spindle gears, but also noticed some people use a dry grease that doesn't collect dust, but I didn't see any brand names to purchase.

Then on the spindle, I read on CW to use WD40 to clean but to wipe it out to help prevent rust build up, etc.......just curious what everyone else uses on that, or just a 3-1 house oil?

Thanks for the feedback, I got the machine all open, vacuumed and blown out, just want to make sure I use the right products.......thanks guys.

Paul

CarverJerry
08-28-2010, 02:28 PM
The dry lube that I use is by B'laster and is called TDL (the dry lube) I'm pretty sure I got it at Home Depot, and I also use the Liquid Wrench with Moly on my shaft.

CJ