08-27-2010, 11:56 AM
New CW
Unpacking and Setting Up the CarveWright System
Step 1 - Remove the top packaging foam: Check
Step 2 - Remove the machine from box: Check
Step 3 - Attach the handle: Check
Step 4 - Prepare the flexshaft assembly: Check
Step 5 - Insert flexshaft into cutting head: Check:
Step 6: - Check the machine head pressure. Insert scale and turn handle to lower head - Handle comes off in my hand. Not the knob I just put on, but the hole handle. Crawl around on shop floor and find missing pin to hold handle on. Replace pin bend handle back into place so pin does not keep falling out. Try to lower head to check pressure, head will not move. Reverse direction and head moves all the way to top no problem. Try to lower head again, no luck.
Step 6a - Deep Breath, Call CarveWright Canada - No answer
Step 6b - Run to computer and post to forum.

Just a little frustrated when there is a problem before I even turn it on,I am sure it will all work out.
Ok I've spent my 5% complaing about the problem now back to solving it.

Digitalwoodshop
08-27-2010, 12:03 PM
There is a trick to putting the handle on.. You put it on and slightly snug the screw. Then slowly rotate the handle until the handle falls into a key way.... Then re tighten the screw...... It is possible to tighten it down on the shaft without letting it engage into the keyway and it will not turn the head.

Let us know,

Good Luck,

AL

WRW
08-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Hi Al
The part that came off was just the silver bar and the know. The black drift pin fell out as the handle had been bent. It did not pull out of the carver. Works great to lift the head but I can not lower it, tryed turning the threaded rod inside as I turned the handle, it moves down but with some effort. Just review some documentation right now to see what I may be able to do about it.

WRW
08-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Realigned Head cleaned and relubed to increase head pressure to with in tolerance. Now to try a carve.