PDA

View Full Version : CarverWright #2 has arrived.

WRW
08-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Just in the nick of time CarveWright #2 has arrived. Been getting many check cut motor (Thanks Al Who):rolleyes:, and today x-axis overload. First machine will be shut down now for some well deserved maintenence, new brushes (Thanks Al Who):rolleyes:, deep clean and lube etc.

Off to the shop to build a dust collector for the new one before it even begins to work. Looking forward to trying out the CarveWright New Improved C machine with carvetight and heavy duty belt setup.

And seriously Thanks Al for the reminder on brush maintenance you posted a couple of weeks ago, I have been checking those brushes after every carve to make sure I wasn't going to trash anything. They are getting pretty thin despite all the wood I feed that machine.
Have a great night.

Digitalwoodshop
08-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Richard,

Being North of the Boarder, I wish you luck with the "C" Model, I believe it is the answer to the quality questions some users have been waiting for. I am happy to see that LHR is selling in Canada.

Thanks for the "Thank You" on the brushes and your welcome. I had to learn the many lessons like the brushes and Y Bearings the hard way myself and don't mind passing on lessons learned.... I am always learning and the new tip the other day to use a Digital Camera to test the Board Sensor LED's was GREAT and Bud's slip of paper on each side of the head and tug to check level.... GREAT ideas.....

Terry rewarded my tips tonight by sending me a Free Bear Pattern to use... He make the Wine Rack and my visit to his pattern list on the CW site was eye opening.... SO many GREAT Quality Patterns.... We are SO lucky with the teamwork we see here....

Imagine a 24 inch CW and the things you could DO......

My first Tag order went North of the Boarder the other day and I was not sure if I posted the pictures. The Chief bought them out of his own pocket as they have a Buy Canadian Rule. He is trying to get them to change for next year. They looked for 2 months and found nothing like my tags. Thanks to the CW for cutting the Tags and Wood Handles.

Yes, a little TLC on the machine makes it run so much better....

Good Luck,

AL

WRW
08-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Al
Congrats on breaking into Canada with your tags.
I have said before but I will say it again, This is by far the best forum I have participated in, on the net. The teamwork you mentioned the help, the ingenuity, the imagination and the downright talent of the members, is an inspiration. Examples are folks like yourself, always helping, Cake Serving set just posted by carvenow, dash and side panels by Capt Bruce and I don't now how many times I have showed people liquidguitars site. It's a long list.
I would love to see a 24 inch CW, and yes I can imagine.
Have a great day!
I'm off to christen the new CW with its first carve.