PDA

View Full Version : Crank Handle.....Clutch?

lpj1019
08-25-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm looking for some help.....lol.....I went to install a board for a new project and I cranked the handle to raise the head of the machine and I dont know if I over cranked it, because after I installed the board, I went to crank the handle to lower the head down to the board and it won't move, its stuck and the clutch is clicking like it does when you lower the head before locking it down.

Has this happen to anyone, is it a over crank?.....or is the clutch shot?.....help please.

Thanks
Paul

Hexe SA
08-25-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm looking for some help.....lol.....I went to install a board for a new project and I cranked the handle to raise the head of the machine and I dont know if I over cranked it, because after I installed the board, I went to crank the handle to lower the head down to the board and it won't move, its stuck and the clutch is clicking like it does when you lower the head before locking it down.

Has this happen to anyone, is it a over crank?.....or is the clutch shot?.....help please.

Thanks
Paul
Could be that your head assy is uneven due to dirt. Try lowering it manual, opposite the LCD is a small hole on the inside threaded posts, insert a small pin (I usually use a small hex key) turning that will lower or raise it, make sure your clutch mechanism is clean and you may want to clean and lube all posts.

dbfletcher
08-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Check page 55 of the attached pdf manual. "Vertical Lockup"

http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Manuals/CarveWright_manual_A-B_SN.pdf

AskBud
08-25-2010, 04:17 PM
It's called Vertical Lockup.
see the attached portion of the manual.
AskBud

lpj1019
08-25-2010, 04:30 PM
thanks guys

Digitalwoodshop
08-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Is your red lock handle on? I never use it.

AL