PDA

View Full Version : Wine Cabinet

TerryT
08-25-2010, 10:25 AM
This is one of the side panels from a wine cabinet that I'm building. The open area at the top is going to be glass on all sides where the wine glasses will be stored and viewable even with the cabinet closed. In the lower section the wine bottles will be stored in a slip in wine rack. The wine bottle carving on the side panels is from our pattern store. I haven't decided yet to carry the same pattern around to the door, or use a different pattern for the door. Ideas?

The photo of the finished cabinet is from the plans which I got off the web.

jpaluck
08-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Very nice looking terry

rcdages
08-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Terry,

Great job on your wine cabinet

Digitalwoodshop
08-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Terry,

GREAT Job on the Cabinet.... Gave me some ideas....

I went through your pattern Depot website and the Deer9 and Bear are are my wish list along with some of the Wine related stuff... Really GREAT pattern work.... But you already knew that.....

WE are SO Lucky that the Pattern Availability has just blossomed into a bunch of High Quality low priced art for the CW. I paid $6.50 for the Bear 3 years ago and have lost count on how many I have sold. It is by far the best seller and I want to quickly get your bear for a slight difference.... I have started to cut all my 4 inch cut off scraps into refrigerator magnet BEARS and other things for a Show this weekend.

Thanks,

AL

TerryT
08-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Terry,

GREAT Job on the Cabinet.... Gave me some ideas....

I went through your pattern Depot website and the Deer9 and Bear are are my wish list along with some of the Wine related stuff... Really GREAT pattern work.... But you already knew that.....

I have started to cut all my 4 inch cut off scraps into refrigerator magnet BEARS and other things for a Show this weekend.

Thanks,

AL

Thanks Al. I started making refer magnets also. Cheap to do and a good use of scraps.

Router-Jim
08-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Very nice job!

The grapes on the front door....Is that a carved applique?

Again, excellent job all around.

Digitalwoodshop
08-25-2010, 06:51 PM
It is carved... Look at the last page of the CW Pattern Depot, page 9 I think to see it.

Follow his link in his signature.

AL

Rocky
08-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Terry, looks good. I made one last year that looks somewhat similar. Mine can be seen on my web site at this link:
http://www.marylandwoodcraft.com/products/furniture/wine_cabinet_2.html

Smoken D
08-27-2010, 09:26 AM
My very first CW project was the drawer on this wine cabinet. Very simple and was impressed that I got it correct the first time. The glass holder is under the drawer which holds the glasses upside down. Made it for our daughter as a Christmas present. If I was to make another, boy would it have many carvings on it now. This one is made out of Walnut.

TerryT
08-27-2010, 09:39 AM
It looks great. Nice work.

TerryT
09-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Coming along slowly. Made from 100% solid Rock Maple this weighs about 50 lbs. already.
Probably hit 70 pounds when finished.

Digitalwoodshop
09-15-2010, 06:53 PM
WOW that is impressive !!!!!

AL

mtylerfl
09-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Terry, that is a wonderful project. Very nice!

eelamb
09-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Terry that came out great.

TerryT
09-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks guys.
It's getting there Ed. This hard @#$ maple is dulling my tools pretty quickly. My sander just kinda puts a shine on the wood. Sand paper wears out in about 30 seconds.

earlyrider
09-16-2010, 12:46 AM
With all the hard work to make this, I hope you don't use it to excess when completed.
The 2" radial bristle brushes might help on the carvings; card scrapers might help on some of the flats.
Maple carves great! What finish are you planning? Looking good!
Ron