PDA

View Full Version : Cuting out problems

tim sr
08-22-2010, 07:54 PM
I am new, so go easy on me. New Machine was working fine. Now after about project five, the final cut out of project is off. I have used tape, clean machine well, blew out with air, checked brass roller (o ring present), cleaned sensor, checked head pressure, checked tension of belts, cleared and reloaded project on flash card. Help desk is not solving my problem. Please help

dbfletcher
08-22-2010, 08:00 PM
I am new, so go easy on me. New Machine was working fine. Now after about project five, the final cut out of project is off. I have used tape, clean machine well, blew out with air, checked brass roller (o ring present), cleaned sensor, checked head pressure, checked tension of belts, cleared and reloaded project on flash card. Help desk is not solving my problem. Please help

Can you post pics of your carve as well as your mpc?

Digitalwoodshop
08-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Well if the project is off in length... Then it is a Brass Roller problem....

Any wood missing where the tape is for the brass roller?

Are you leaving wood to stay under the rollers?

AL

tim sr
08-22-2010, 08:13 PM
No wood missing and adding the 7" to board, staying under roller

TerryT
08-22-2010, 08:24 PM
You mentioned everything except checking the board edge. Has to be straigt and square. Any chip out, rounded edge etc. will cause the brass roller to skip.

tim sr
08-22-2010, 08:27 PM
yes if a get some instructions on how

tim sr
08-22-2010, 08:28 PM
no chips out and board was straight and square

tim sr
08-22-2010, 08:32 PM
it was the project of the month small frames that go on shelf

tim sr
08-22-2010, 09:23 PM
sent email to carvewright support with pictures and mpc files. Hoping for help

mtylerfl
08-22-2010, 10:07 PM

Hello Tim,

You have had a tracking problem. Perhaps this issue of the Tips & Tricks may help you determine what went wrong, and how to correct it: ISSUE 27 January – February 2010 – Maintaining Accurate Board Tracking (http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/tips/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Jan_Feb10.pdf)

NOTE: Be certain that your wood measures a FULL 1/2" thick for the frames...if not, then that could be a possible contributor and/or cause of the tracking problem you experienced.

tim sr
08-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Cut the board myself, plained it to a true 1/2. thanks I will read issue

Digitalwoodshop
08-23-2010, 12:35 AM
As I check in on the way out at 1:30 AM after finishing painting the last sign, I see what the problem is.....

True 1/2 inch....... The machine sometimes DOES NOT like 1/2 inch thick wood.... The Rollers have a rubber washer and with sawdust is scrunches up and does not let the machine hold the board to the proper pressure....

So a slightly thicker board would be my answer.... But you can sneak by with 1/2 inch if you run 3 strips of masking tape down the underside your board to give it some GRIP to the sand paper belts....

Give it a try....

A Dust collection system is important too... Keeps sawdust from building up at the rollers.

AL

tim sr
08-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Thanks for everyone help to this new user. I changed from painters tape to duct tape on the back of the board and no more problem. Also thanks to PHIL Support Team 2010 for responding to my email requesting help. Great user support

Digitalwoodshop
08-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Just be careful the duck tape is never on the top of the board where it can wrap around the bit and jam. I have had masking tape on the top of the board wrap around with no trouble but duck tape would be a problem...

AL

tim sr
08-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks, I will gkeep this in mind